Babies full name?
Brevin Bounthanh Phongsavath
Why did you choose that specific name?
I actually didn't choose that. For Souli being a boy he sure picks good names. I guess its a basketball player and he's always liked that name. I like it because its different enough yet not too different. As far as his middle name I wanted Souli's to be his, Mem. Only I was out voted by Souli. Bounthanh is Souli's dads real name, he doesn't go by that though. It was important to Souli so I said ok as long as our next boy can be named after you. I like the name its just kind of a mouth full. Its the meaning behind it that matters the most.
Were you married at the time?
I think this is a dumb question, but of course almost two years.
What were your reactions?
I was at work and kind of had a feeling that maybe I was. I was late but only like a day. I'm just so regular that even that was weird for me. I went home not really planning on taking a test but my mom made me. She was there the whole time so she knew before Souli, sorry honey. I decided to not just tell Souli, I wanted to buy a little baby outfit to give to him. He opened it up that night when he got home. His reaction was kind of funny I didn't think he was even excited. All he said was are you pregnant? I think he was just as stunned as I was. It didn't take us long so I think it was kind of a shock for both of us. It was such a happy day one of my best.
How old were you?
I was 22 and Souli was 28.
Who did you tell first? Obviously my mom since she was there. Throughout the night we called all my family and Souli's. We had planned to go to a movie that night with Thiago and Teri, my sweet sister brought with my first baby gift. I was so excited a little sleeper and toy.
Did you want to find out the sex? Of course, I don't see how people don't want too. I can't stand to not be prepared. Maybe I'm a little overboard on this but I don't care. Better to be safe then sorry.
Due date? January 27, 2007
Did you deliver early or late?
I was 8 days early. She asked me if I was ready I said yes so there you go.
Did you have morning sickness?
No, not one bit. If I didn't know I was pregnant. I would have had no idea. Which is a good thing being really sick would be awful.
What did you crave?
I always wanted fruit. I guess that was a good thing being pretty healthy and all. I couldn't get enough. It was hard to find out I had gestational diabetes because fruit has so much sugar.
Who irritated you the most?
This wasn't a person, it was work in general I hated it I wanted to be done so bad. I just got so tired and worn out. I used to like working but as Brevin got closer the more my thoughts changed to just being a mommy.
Did you have any complications in your pregnancy?
Only my diabetes which wasn't bad, I didn't gain much because I couldn't eat anything with sugar. So in that way it was good.
How many hours were you in labor?
I got to the hospital at 6:30 and had him at 2:30. Only about half of that I swear was just putting in my I-V the nurse struggled.
What was your first child's sex?
A boy, I always sort of wanted a boy first so it was perfect.
Who drove me to the hospital?
Souli did it was an early morning I was so excited I didn't even notice that I should be tired.
Was it natural or C-section?
I had a C-section, which in my experience was not bad at all its was a breeze. I little more painful I would think as far as recovery goes. All the nurses said I did great.
Did you have medicine to ease the pain?
Well having a C-section I had to, but either way I wanted it anything to help get me through.
How much did your child weigh?
5 lbs 13 oz, I was sort of surprised he was that tiny I thought at least 6 and a half.
Did your child have any complications?
His only problem was his heartrate was dropping due to my labor so that was the reason for a C-section. Other then that is was just minor things like keeping his body temperature up.
What hospital did you deliver at?
Ogden Regional
How old is your child now?
20 months and is my every happiness.
12 comments:
I think this tag is fun too, it's so nice to have things like this written down. It always surprises me how quickly we forget the little details. Love cute little Brevy and for your sake I am so glad you don't have diabetes this time around. Bring on the skittles right?
That was cute. I bet you are getting excited to have your little girl now.
He is such a sweet boy! and probably one of the cutest ones in the world! I love his dimples! I bet you guys are getting so excited for your sweet little girl to come! I bet she will be GORGEOUS!
I had forgotten how they had a hard time keeping Brev's temp up. I remember wanting to hold up, but thinking I needed to leave him under that heater thing so he could get warm. Geez, it doesn't seem like that was that long ago and here you are getting ready to do it all again. Crazy!!
So fun! I love to hear all the stories! I felt the same way with work and all being pregnant too! I remeber when you had him, and talking to Teri and she was saying how well you did, even with the c-section and all!
You guys are so lucky you have Brevin, he is so much fun. It'll be fun to have a girl too! Just reading your experience with being pregnant makes me excited to see what'll be like for me. Someday!
What a fun idea. Brev is such a little cutie. I know your little girl will be just as cute! I am so excited for you both! Tell Souli I said Hi, and congrats. Ü
What a cute little guy! We all love him so much, he is such a good little boy and reminds me so much of Tanner.
Little Brevin is such a special and good boy. You are blessed to have him. Give him a big kiss for me.
cute tag! Brevin is so cute, you lucky girl!
He is so cute!! That was a sweet tribute to him. I can't wait to see your little girl!!!
What a fun tag! I haven't actually ever seen that one (of course I would have nothing to add:) It was good to see you at the temple the other day, what are the odds? He's adorable and I bet your new little girl will be cute also
Post a Comment