Our next stop, Grandpa Cherries. We call him that do to his huge cherry farm. That will be great to look back on him doing his business. Selling his cherry juice, dried cherries, preserves he does it all. He amazes me. I had a hard time getting a good picture of him showing us exactly where he will be baried. Which according to him is next year. Oh I prayer that is not true. Although I don't think I'm as close to him as some of my other grandparents, I know I will long for him when we can't listen to him and his funny ways. He is one of a kind. Such a good grandpa and great-grandpa. Mostly though I thank him for being such a good dad to my mommy. I know if it weren't for him she wouldn't have gotten through a few bumps along the way. He amazes me his energy, determination, and how driven he is to work. Men less then have his age don't even work as hard. I love him so much and always will.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Memorial Day Festivities
I just love Memorial Day. I love that its the start of spring, or summer I guess. All the gorgeous flowers. Its the only day you see cemetaries look so pretty. It makes me happy to see a headstone with a huge arrangement of flowers next to it and really sad for those that don't. I think its mostly the traditions we have I will miss them once my grandparents are no longer with us. That day will be one of the worst in my life. It just won't be the same without them. This beautiful lady in the picture below is my angel grandma. I love her with all my heart and soul, so do my kids. We first go up to Logan to see my grandpa's grave. Only I didn't make it in time do to my late start. I'm so sorry grandma, what kind of granddaughter am I. I certainly love my grandpa Olsen and have so many wonderful memories of him. Especially those last few years of driving up to Logan just to cut his hair and spend time with you. Its moments like that I will cherish forever. I love you grandma and I love the memories I have with you they also will stay with me for as long as I live.

Our next stop, Grandpa Cherries. We call him that do to his huge cherry farm. That will be great to look back on him doing his business. Selling his cherry juice, dried cherries, preserves he does it all. He amazes me. I had a hard time getting a good picture of him showing us exactly where he will be baried. Which according to him is next year. Oh I prayer that is not true. Although I don't think I'm as close to him as some of my other grandparents, I know I will long for him when we can't listen to him and his funny ways. He is one of a kind. Such a good grandpa and great-grandpa. Mostly though I thank him for being such a good dad to my mommy. I know if it weren't for him she wouldn't have gotten through a few bumps along the way. He amazes me his energy, determination, and how driven he is to work. Men less then have his age don't even work as hard. I love him so much and always will.
Later that night we had a small barbeque at my moms, fun time, my kids love her house nothing like your grandparents. I know I have good memories of my grandparents houses. The games we would play. I know my kids will have the same with there grandma's and grandpa's. Thanks mom for making us always feel so welcome. I know its hard with us all there. We love you and Papa Deano so much. You are the best grandparents any kids could ever ask for. And I know Brevin and Elle will look back when they are my age and remember all the fun times they had with you both. I know I do with my grandparents. Thanks for all my happy childhood memories.
Our next stop, Grandpa Cherries. We call him that do to his huge cherry farm. That will be great to look back on him doing his business. Selling his cherry juice, dried cherries, preserves he does it all. He amazes me. I had a hard time getting a good picture of him showing us exactly where he will be baried. Which according to him is next year. Oh I prayer that is not true. Although I don't think I'm as close to him as some of my other grandparents, I know I will long for him when we can't listen to him and his funny ways. He is one of a kind. Such a good grandpa and great-grandpa. Mostly though I thank him for being such a good dad to my mommy. I know if it weren't for him she wouldn't have gotten through a few bumps along the way. He amazes me his energy, determination, and how driven he is to work. Men less then have his age don't even work as hard. I love him so much and always will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I forgot about you going up to cut Grandpa's hair all the time that was so sweet of you to do that. I was driving by a cemetary today and it was so gorgeous with all of the flowers all over the place, too bad they don't last all year round.
You got some super cute pictures...Elle bell looked so cute that day.
Cute pictures and a fun day...love you.
Post a Comment