Tuesday, May 25, 2010

State Champs

As hopefully most of you have already heard. Souli had a big night last Thursday. Davis Darts became State Champs. Well deserved I might add. I've never seen a group of boys so excited in my life. I think Souli's entire soccer experience was leading up to this moment in his life. I'm so proud of him as their head coach. And of course the boys they played hard it was a great game. I know I'm not the best coaches wife in the world, but I hope you all know how happy I am for you all. I know this was such a big moment in all of your lives. I know my husband is so proud of you. I asked Souli that night how it felt, these were his exact words. "I feel relieved." Which I thought was kind of a funny reaction, but being coach I sure this was so stressful. That whole week he hardly slept thinking about it. Souli doesn't get stressed out about to many things, but soccer is his passion in life he loves it. He cares so much for these boys and wants them to succeed to their full potential. Souli is such a great coach and is so highly admired by so many people. I had so many parents and other people who came up to me after the game and said. "Thanks so much for giving us your husband, our son wouldn't be where he is without him." I think a coach is someone that stays with you your whole life in some way or another. I'm so proud of you honey. Brevin sure had fun, and thought he was pretty neat out there on the Real Salt Lake field. As some of you may have seen Brevin was on the news. He loved sharing the joy with his daddy. He even got to carry around the game ball. Pretty cool. Elle Belle on the other hand was as ornery as she could be. Thanks mom for taking her for awhile so I could enjoy the game. These are just a few pictures from the game. Again great job to my husband, the other coaches, and most importantly to all of you players. Way to end the season.




6 comments:

Cami said...

Way to go Souli! That's awesome!!!

Thiago & Teri said...

YAY for Souli and his team....they played great. It was a fun game, cold but fun. That picture of Brev and Souli is adorable...those kids were pretty lucky getting to play out there on Rio Tinto stadium...we will have to save those pictures and show them to Carson and Brev when they are old enough to know how cool that really is.

Eric and Jenny said...

Way to go Souli, that is so wonderful. He works so hard what a great thing to be rewarded like that for all of that hard work he puts in. You should be so proud of him, and I bet that was such a neat thing to see them win and celebrating. Wish I could have been there, but I love you guys!

Brett and Michelle said...

That is so great! What a fun experience and an amazing accomplishment! Tell Souli CONGRATS! Brett was just talking about the last time Davis won State was his senior year. And then he had to reminisce of course about his days in soccer.

BTW...those chocolate chip cookies look amazing! You should give me the recipe :)

TW said...

I didn't know you were back...welcome. Congratulations Souli, that is great.

Nick and Stacey said...

Congrats! That is awesome! Its gotta to make all the hard work worth it, when you get such a great reward! Congrats!