A few weeks ago we went to Island Park and up to Yellowstone. Its a trip I spend the entire year looking forward too. Although
Souli wasn't able to come up at all due to a prior planned trip he had to go on and us being stupid. You see we went from Thursday to Monday. So
Souli was suppose to drive up Saturday after he got home from his trip. Only when he was getting ready to leave he noticed he had no key to my car. So he called me to see if hopefully I left my set. Which I didn't I had them. So he was stranded. I was obviously so disappointed. I sat there and cried for like an hour. I know that sounds dumb. But he never seems to get to go to these things. His schedule is horrible for vacations. So I was very sad and missed him so much. Hopefully next year we will be a bit more responsible with our keys. Come to find on Sunday we finally found the other key in his church pants pocket. Why they were there I don't know. I and my kids missed our daddy. It was still a fun trip though full of all sorts of craziness. Little drama, my cousin Ike eating a small fish fresh the lake while we were rafting. I know sick huh. A few tears, but mostly just fun. Little
Brevin I think found his most best friend. My cousins little boy Gehrig, they were so cute together. They really bonded up there. Fun trip. Here's just a few highlighted moments.

Our first stop on the way up to Island Park was this outdoor fun center. These
go carts were a favorite to all except my children.
Brevin just looks puzzled and Elle well I think the picture explains her reaction to the high speed race cars.


The next day we went rafting. Its was delightful till we got drenched by a certain group I won't mention any names. It was fun though. I actually got pretty shielded not sure how that was possible. I certainly stayed the most dry.

My cousin Zach taught
Brevin how to skip rocks. Well he thinks he was taught although his never actually skipped. Good effort my baby boy. You'll try anything.

Just a cute picture she was glad to be there.

It was so nice to actually go on vacation with all three of us. I've missed my Jenny I'm so glad she is here once again. That whole Kentucky thing was for the birds. I'm so glad you came, and thanks for letting me drive with you.

The boys just enjoying the festivities of the fourth. We spent the day shopping, watching the parade, stuffing our faces. Went to the fireworks at night which might I add were the longest fireworks I've ever seen in my life. Fun though.

Being bashful for the picture. I
absolutely loved her fourth outfit. Not the greatest picture, but boy was is cute.
Brevin's I liked but they didn't have as many options for him. He always looks darling though.
Brevins new best friend. Gehrig and
Brev were
inseparable. It seems weird cause there is a bit of an age gap, and Gehrig is so grownup for his age. Only they played and played. I think its because they share so many of the same interests and the same haircut. Just kidding Jo. I absolutely love his hair short like that. What cute boys, love each and love their sports.

Little trip up the mountain
aren't my babies delightful.

Just another cute picture. She was being so cooperative I couldn't help myself. She is never that way.

Taking a break to have some popcorn. Everyone couldn't believe how much Elle ate by how small she. She is a little piggy. Loves her food and her Carson.

Watching a very lame parade.
Brevin obviously thought something was funny. I love that laugh of his. Right from deep inside. He shows such cute emotion.

Our last night there my cousin Randi brought out the sparklers.
Brevin loved these till they would go out. Then he couldn't be patient enough to wait for the next one.

Elle was fascinated, so excited about the sparklers and pop-its. She would walk around laughing, and watching all the older kids. She has zero fear.

Our last day there was kind of bittersweet. I love vacations and didn't want to go back to reality. Only I missed my husband dearly. I just want to say thanks to my grandpa and grandma, and aunts and uncles for all that you do to make this trip so enjoyable. My grandparents and uncle Allen bought about 3 acres of land up there to build a cabin one day. I look forward to the day when we can spend our time there, reuniting with all of you. No matter how old we get or how much our lives change you all will always hold a very dear place in my heart. I miss you all so much. Thanks for the nice talks, the food, the babysitters, but mostly for just being who you are. You all amaze me in so many ways. Thanks for the examples you are for me. This trip especially will always hold a special place in my heart.
Thank you for that. I love you all very much.
5 comments:
It was such a great trip, I had fun with you and Elle Bell in our car, too bad it couldn't have lasted for the trip back. I am still so sorry that happened with your keys I know how dissapointed you were, there is not a worse feeling than just missing your husband and for such a silly stupid reason to not be able to come. Glad to see you posted Ash darling pictures!
Well look at you...quite the post. Glad you got it up here. I still feel so bad that Souli couldn't come up, you were so very sad. However, you still made the most of it, and it would never be the same for me if I didn't have you there. Cute pictures, Ash!!
So sorry about the key situation...sounds like a great trip and I loved all the cute pictures.
Love the post. Cute pictures! Can you believe another year is come and gone and now we will have to wait patiently for the next year! Hopefully your husband will be able to come up next year. Love you guys so much. thanks for the chats in the car!
I love Island Park, it's so pretty!
Sorry Souli didn't get to come :(
Post a Comment