A couple days before Christmas my sisters and I had our traditional holiday day of fun. This was one of our favorites. I'm not sure why, just really mellow no fighting, all the kids in good moods including adults. It was a fun afternoon of making Christmas countdown chains, Santa Clause's that I might add were darling thanks to me. I'm so creative. Just kidding. We also played a cute game that was kind of like musical chairs sort of. And for our treat we had delicious donuts from Shaffer's bakery in Logan. I think that's what its called I've drawn a blank. Here is just a few pictures of our fun day.
Our Christmas Eve started out with a little party at my Grandma Grover's. I always have good memories of this party. Great food, cute gifts, comfy Christmas jammies, and my uncle Steve telling up we'd better get home soon so we don't miss Santa I love it. I'm so glad my kids get to have all these grandparents who love them and make this time special for them.
I always loved the anticipation of Christmas morning. I remember waking my sister up in the middle of the night cause I couldn't sleep. Only it always happened that we would talk for a bit and then I would fall asleep leaving her wide awake. Sorry about that Jen. My house is a bit different my kids and Souli slept till about 9:00 that was unheard of Christmas morning when I was a kid. My kids loved their gifts. Well Brev did only Santa made the mistake of giving him his bike right off. He should have left it in the closet till last because once he saw that there was no getting him to open any others. We finally convinced him to open the others while sitting on his bike. That lasted about 2 presents then he got off and opened all his and all of Elle's she tried helping but just wanted my camera instead. Its hard to take pictures lately because of her. It was a great morning I love being with just my family and seeing the happiness on their faces.
My Nutcracker for the year. I love him he is so different then any of my other ones. Thanks honey.
Our first stop for the day was my moms. I love going to my mommies house for Christmas. She is seriously the best hostess. Everything looked perfect from the table settings, the food, her gifts were my favorite of anything my kids got, but mostly just her. I always say this but I hope to be like her. I've been struggling lately with a few things and I just want to tell you mom how much your advice means to me. Its changed my views on alot of things. You are an amazing person and the best mother in the world. I'm almost crying sitting here thinking about how much I love you and admire who you are. My kids are so lucky to have you. You gave them the most thoughtful presents. I love my crosstitch, I love the kids ornaments, and my most favorite it Elle's blanket. I will use it more then she will. I love you.
Next stop was my inlaws. I always feel bad that we don't spend as much time with them. Only they really do hold a special place in my heart. They are all so sweet and love my kids more then they will ever know. My mother inlaw amazes me she works so hard and is always there when we need her. It was a fun afternoon. Thanks for the delicious food and for the gifts. You mean so much to me and my family.
Last stop for the big Christmas Day was my dads for yet more food and presents. He always puts so much thought into things. My dad got Brevin these little cars seriously his favorite gift besides his bike. He loves it. Thanks for the fun night and for all you do for my family. You mean the world to me. I know we don't see you a whole ton but my kids love you so much. You are Brev's and Elle's Papa and they are always so excited to see you. Thanks to all of my family for making this holiday season memorable. I love you all so much and Merry Merry Christmas.
4 comments:
Love Brevy in his helmet opening all the gifts, him and Luke are much alike that way. Once he saw his scooter I had to give up on the thought of him opening anything else (next year Santa will remember). Love you glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
I LOVE looking at Christmas posts!!!! Looks like they had a GREAT Christmas!
Wow I can't believe they sleep in that long. Looks like the kids really made out this year, that's great! Hope you have a great new year's eve too. Ü
Glad you season was "JOLLY" season...the kids looked like they were having a ball. Happy New Year.
Post a Comment