Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out With the Old In With the New!!!

As each year passes you look back and try to just remember all of the good that the previous year had. Only at times you think back and realize the things you want to work on or the things in life that might just make you a bit happier or feel better about yourself. Don't get me wrong 2009 was a wonderful year full of happiness. Kids growing up before my eyes, new experiences, the decision to finish our basement which will have a little surprise. Which I will clue you all in on later. Great year. The other night as we were driving home News Years Eve. Souli leans over and says Happy New Years honey. This year will be one of our best. I love thinking about that with each year brings new trials, new happiness, new memories. I love wondering what is instore for my little family this year. I also am a big person for New Years Resolutions which alot of the times I don't really go through with. Only this year there's been a few things that have been bugging me about either myself or another aspect of my life. So I decided to list my resolutions for 2010. I figure if they are written down its more of a goal then something you just say you are going to do. Please don't think bad of me for some of these.
1. Exercise
2. Early to bed, early to rise.
3. Date night every month.
4. Visiting Teaching.
5. Attend temple every other month.
6. Be a more patient mother. No more yelling.
7. Strengthen my home and family with prayer and scripture.
8. Always count my blessings and live life to the fullest.
I know how some of these sound. They are just things that I do but not as consistently as I should. I hate to admit that I need to work on a few of these things but I figure even if I strengthen just one. I will be accomplishing something. I'm so excited for this new year to fix the things I did wrong in 2009. So that 2010 will be the happiest year ever. I'm so grateful for the wonderful memories and the blessings I've recieived this past year. May I stick to these eight things and I'm sure next year I will have 8 more to work on. There is always room for improvement. Happy New Years I hope you each have a great 2010 I know I will.

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Your list sounds great to me Ash, don't we all have aspects in our life that we need to improve on. We are great with family prayer but family scripture study only happens about twice a week, that is one of my goals this year too. We will keep each other going on that one huh! Even if our kids are screaming through the entire 10 minutes...

Thiago & Teri said...

I need to sit down and right my list out. I kinda have some bouncing around in my head, but nothing for sure yet. Good girl.

Brett and Michelle said...

This is a great list =) I love the feeling of a new year! I think I know what your little surprise with your basement is...and if I am right I a so excited for you! That will be so nice!

Brittney said...

Thank you for mentioning in your Christmas post that one resolution would probably end up being dropping Christmas pounds. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one adjusting after enjoying Christmas food so much!

Unknown said...

Those are great goals! Good luck with them!