Monday, October 25, 2010

Mommy and Tape, Are the Answer!!!!

Now this does have a story behind it. A little while ago Brevin and Elle were in the basement playing, when Brevin came upstairs saying that his golf club was broke. This was the conversation.
"Mommy golf broke, fix please."

"Ok Brev, mommy can fix it."

I went to the drawer to only find tape so I thought that will work. I taped it back together, and good as new.

"Here you go Brevin all fixed."

"Oh, thanks mommy!" ( I made his day, I am the best mommy ever. He was so appreciative).

So there's that story, then a few weeks later his train track had a piece broken off. So he comes upstairs, goes to the drawer, gets the tape and says.

"Mommy, fix."

"Oh Brev, tape doesn't fix everything."

"But Mommy fix." (This time superglue was the answer. Only he didn't know that).

Today in preschool Brevin made this pirate and might I add loves it. All I've heard about all afternoon. It made him so happy. Until I hear....

"Mommy fix eye." The eye on the pirate fell off.

So what does my sweet, smart boy grab. Nothing, but the tape. I love it, I always worry that things in his little mind just aren't clicking. Only times like this he proves me wrong. What a smart little guy. I wanted to make sure to post this. I know I will look back on things like this and smile. Way to go Brevin. I also love that in his mind mommy can fix anything. His tears, his toys, his trouble's. I love that about this age. Mommy and Daddy are their heroes.


Poor pirate, Brevin knows what to do, get the tape.
He's fixed. Hip, hip, hooray!! I love you Brevin.

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

So did you fix your background, what happened?

What a sweet story of little Brev, you are just like mom in that way. Had that been one of my boys I would have said "oh that's too bad", and thrown it in the garbage. I am nice that way.

Not you though, you are our mother's daughter, that's for sure. Everything is fixable especially with a glue gun.

JODI said...

That's a fun story that you will look back on and miss those days. Your kids are so adorable, I just want to squeeze them! Ü

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh little Brev....that is so cute though Ash. He really is so smart, you don't give him enough credit. I feel bad though when the day comes and you can't fix something with that magic tape of yours. haha.

The Mashy Family said...

What a funny kid. Tape does fix everything in a little kids mind I have decided or a whole entire bottle of Elmers glue!!

Nick and Stacey said...

Its true, mom can fix anything! He is getting so big! He just looks like a grown up little boy in those pictures!