Monday, August 25, 2008

Box Elder County Parade/Fair

Our yearly trip to the Box Elder County celebrations was as usual full of excitement. I used to live in Tremonton so its been a tradition in my family to go every year. It's always been a tradition I've rather looked forward too. For a county fair its pretty fun and the activities are reasonably cheap. You just buy tickets and each ride is only two tickets. I guess I'm not sure how much per ticket but it seems pretty reasonable. My sister went to the Cache County Fair and each ride was like $4, I think she said. Outrageous if you ask me. Before the fair we went to the parade. I was a bit confused while parking so we ended up walking like a mile to get to where the rest of my family was sitting. It was awful trying to carry a blanket, my bag, and Brevin. Brevin, of course, wanted to walk, but that would take about an hour longer to get to the spot. So no thank you. The parade was just like any normal parade; tons of candy which as most of you know is Brevin's favorite. He was in heaven sitting on my cousin Taylor's lap. He really loves her. Afterwards we went to the fair and ate some dinner. I had a Navajo taco, I love those. It tasted so good. I got Brevin a hamburger, but of course he always wants my food over his own. Why do kids do that, I didn't want his hamburger? My grandpa Williams always buys us all tickets to ride the rides. So after dinner it was time for this fun activity. Brevin usually gets a little sick so I was worried, but he did fine. He went on his favorite ride first, the cars. So from there on he wanted any ride he could get too. The only bad part were the long lines. We were lucky to get to go again with my dad on Saturday. Which was so nice, not nearly so crowded. You wouldn't really think it would be so crowded, but it was crazy busy. I hate waiting in lines. Luckily the kids didn't seem to mind. They enjoyed watching the rides go around and around. It was so funny to see the cute look on Brevin's face. I don't have too great of pictures of this occasion, at least not on this camera. What happened was my sister and I have the same camera. Somehow they got switched so her pictures are on mine and mine on hers. I wanted to get this posted so I couldn't wait. It was such a fun night as usual. I love being together with family, but I especially love seeing Brevin have fun with his cousins. They are all so cute together. How can I not love those four boys?

Brevin with my cousin Taylor. He was glued to her the whole time.


Nice grin Brevin, he is alway so cheesy for pictures.

Brevin's favorite, the cars. He could have spent the whole night on these.

11 comments:

TW said...

Glad you had a fun time. That Navajo taco sounds so good, I love them too. It was fun being with you today. Thanks.

Eric and Jenny said...

Fun night, I know I am still sad about my pictures being on your camera. Oh well at least I got that good one of Brev for you. He looks so cute, I love that little smile. Don't worry about parking a mile away, the exercise was good for us and thanks for driving my car, you know I always appreciate that!

Cami said...

Looks like fun! I love going to the fair! The picture of Brevin in the car is sooo cute! He has the cutest facial expressions!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Brevin in the red car too. He is so stinkin' cute!

Nick and Stacey said...

Looks like so much fun! Also I cannot believe Brevin is in Nursery, that is crazy! But he looks so darn cute!

Thiago & Teri said...

It was fun, Brev did so much better on the rides this time around. Maybe he is starting to like them. I keep thinking about my pie that I ate, and I want some right now. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are always out doing the funnest things! We missed Brevin in nursery!

Jill said...

You look very cute pregnant. And Brevin always looks so cute in all his pictures, he smiles so good! Looks like you all had fun at the big fair.

The Mashy Family said...

You guys need to come out on Saturday nights now and start dancing the night away with us. It is so much fun. By the looks of Brevin that night he probably could cut a rug with the best of the cowboys there.

Eric and Natalie said...

OK Ashley, this might sound a little crazy but I found you on Liz Kealamakia's blog...I actually think I saw you guys there I was at the Pampered Chef booth. Anyway, I didn't realize it until I looked at your blog but I KNOW YOU!! WE went to Elementary school together in Layton. I saw your sister teri and realized that I knew you!!!! so funny....anyway I couldn't remember your maiden name.....your kids are adorable! Oh sorry, I guess it might help to tell you who I am ahha I am Natalie "munk" Earl.....if you ever are interested in checking out my blog your welcome to it....
www.theericearlfamily.blogspot.com....oh and funny thing my husband grew up in Tremonton! anyway small small world!

Melissa said...

it was fun to see ya there at the fair!