Saturday, August 16, 2008

Island Park!!!

My Williams side of the family goes each year to Island Park, this year we were finally able to go along. I remember each year after they would get home all I would hear is how fun this trip is. I would always wish that I was there along with them. When I was little we would always go to Jackson Hole, these are my most favorite trips. The Williams' sure keep things lively and fun they are the best to travel with. So easy going, and fun to be around. I miss them so much. It seems like as we all get older we just don't do as many things together anymore. Each of us kind of go our seperate ways. I probably should have seperated this into two posts, but I didn't so just bare with me this could be long.

We started out the trip by stopping at this place called Bear World on the way to Island Park. They all kept talking about the bears and how close they get to your cars. I kept thinking no way how can you see a bear so up close. Sure enough though. You drive around this area and the bears are all over. One came walking right by our window. It was so cool. Brevin kept trying to role the windows down so he could interact with them at an even closer level.
Also, we saw little bear cubs they were so cute. So tiny compared to the big bears. Brevin really liked them, they were a bit more his size. I'm sure still alot stronger then my little guy.My mom coming along sure was a big help for me she always just takes over. Which is fine by me. Its nice once in awhile to have the break, Brevin sure loves his grandma. Anytime he can be with her and share moments with her he is happy. She is the best grandma so into her grandkids. I love that about her she always puts them first.
At Bear World they had a little bridge you could feed the fish. Brevin enjoys this kind of thing he kept wanting more food, finally we had to say enough is enough.
The petting zoo was my favorite part these little deers were so cute, Brevin of course didn't want to touch just look. It was perfect though for kids to get to play with the animals. Carson, my nephew, enjoyed chasing the ducks around. Something he learned from one of my older cousins I'd imagine.
Taylor, my cousin, took Brevin on the rides at Bear World. I guess I should say two rides after the second one he got a little shaky. Poor baby and his motion sickness. A snowie made him feel back to normal though. Go figure food makes Brevin feel better. Not to big of a shock he is a bottomless pit.
The next day we went into West Yellowstone, went shopping, ate at a great restaurant I'm sure I will soon crave. This trip my grandparents, and uncles sure made it manageable as far as money goes. They pretty much too care of everything. Thanks so much for taking care of us. That day we came across this jewelry store. You could arrange your beads any way you want and make your own bracelets. My cousins mostly, decided that we should make a few for baby Elle. Well a few turned into 7. Thanks mom for getting those for your little granddaughter. She will be darling. We made one for her to wear on her blessing day its my favorite. I forgot I need to show those to Souli. I was so excited to get them with the rest of her stuff I neglected to do so.
Brevin has found two new best friends. Caleb my cousin is almost 17 and is so good with little kids. The whole time they were together. He would even choose him over his favorite uncle Theo. Sorry Thiago I'm afraid you've been replaced. Just kidding you will never be replaced. Thanks Caleb for all the attention you gave to him, it was a huge help to me. You are so good with kids I wish we lived closer you could be my babysitter. I struggle to find those.
My cousin Lexi was also on his list of favorites he just loved her it was always Caleb or her playing with little Brev. Thanks to you also Lexi for all your help . My week sure was easy thanks to all my cousins and the time they spent with Brevin. Its nice to have so many hands helping you. I pretty much only had Brev at bedtime. A fun game the boys played forever. Lexi and Kassidy would hold each of their hands on either side and then on the count of three they would jump off the little ledge of the fireplace. The looks on their faces were priceless. My cousin's little boy Gehrig is so cute he sure makes me laugh some of the things he says. He is so smart.
Cute picture of Brevin and I. Souli had his first week of the girls soccer at Davis so he couldn't come I hope next year we go in July so that Souli can be there too. It just isn't the same without him there. We took this picture right outside the huge cabin we stayed in, it was so nice had like 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. We all had a place to sleep, with 25 people that wasn't exactly easy but we made it. Thiago, Teri, Carson, my mom, Brevin, and me actually stayed in this little loft above the garage it was nice to have a place sort of too ourselves. Brevin is such a light sleeper it was good for him so he could get enough sleep. It worked out nice.
The last day of our trip we went to West Yellowstone again and went through the park. Brevin loved the buffalo each time we saw a big group he would get all excited. He had no fear whatsoever me I wanted to keep the windows rolled up so I was completely enclosed. I know I was fine but just the thought of this huge buffalo right outside my window maybe me a little nervous. Besided that they smelled really bad. This picture was before we went into the park. My grandpa bought some popcorn at this store so this is Brevin with his small helping surrounded by all us girls. He loves the attention he gets. I don't know that this will be such a good thing in the future. But for now its cute to see his big smile with all of us watching him.
The boys loved this fake buffalo. All the kids wanted to get on, but once they did it was hard to get them back off. Look at the joy on their faces they were so high up. Well to them. I guess it is the independant side of them, they thought they were pretty cool sitting there all by themselves. Theo would only reach out for them if Brevin moved a bit. It was so cute because Carson didn't want to get on unless Brevin did. Carsy you sure are good to your cousin, you always include him in your activities.
Our last activity of the trip was at Old Faithful. This is Brevin anticipating what will happen next. Personally its a little overrated. I hadn't seen it since I was little so I didn't really remember, but after it was over I thought okay next thing.
All us cousins, my grandparents sure have done well for themselves. There are too many of us to keep track. We had such a fun trip. Thanks to you all for the invite. I'm so happy Brevin and I were able to make more memories with you all. We will be back next year for more fun. I love you all and miss you already. I love trips like that, no worries. Thanks again to you all for the fun time.

6 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Cute post Ash!! Way cute..I loved reading it. You are right, you had so many helping hands with little Brev, he is just so easy to love though. It is no wonder everyone wanted to be with him. So sad, about his weak little stomache on the rides, I will never forget his face on that one, I laugh just thinking about it. Sorry you missed it. Anyways, it was so much fun...lots of great memories!

Cami said...

Hey! We stay at that same cabin when we go to Island park! How funny! :) We love going, its so much fun. Dave would live in Yellowstone if he could :)

Anonymous said...

I love Island Park & Yellowstone. It sounds like you had a great time. I have never been to "Bear World". Sometime we will have to go there.

TW said...

Glad you had a fun trip. Love the pictures of the bears and of Bambi. My, what a friendly deer.

Eric and Jenny said...

Ash this was really cute, I think it's so funny how you and Teri had the same week but can post about such different things. I am so glad mom got to go and help with Brevy because Souli couldn't go, she is the greatest. I am really so sad I didn't get to go, next year for sure. It looks like you guys had so much fun and I agree the Williams make everything fun!

The Mashy Family said...

Well another cute Yellowstone post. I have to agree with you and Teri we have a very fun family, unusual yes, but fun we are. Were else would you see people gathered around to watch some do a blue dart? Huh! I miss your family already too. It is amazing how life goes on and everyone grows up and we do run crazy in our seperate lives but hopefully this was a good eye opener for us all to include everyone in our family in our life activities. I really enjoyed being around you and hope that Brevin will one day love me!!! Funny how you didn't mention the rafting trip? Love you!