Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nursery Hooray!!!

Today was Brevin's first day of nursery, and to my surprise he loved it. I am so proud of him. Its funny how something that seems so little to some people, makes you so happy and proud. Souli had to go sit with our primary class so I was the lucky one to take him in for his first nursery experience. One advantage is our cute friends in our ward the Nielsens are the nursery leaders. Brevin plays with their kids in sacrament so I think it was good for him to see a familar face. At first he was a little hesitant to pick up a toy, but once he did he was good to go so I snuck out while he wasn't watching. Of course a few minutes later I went back to check on him for fear that as soon as he realized I was gone he would start crying. Only he was as happy as can be. I only checked on him in between classes to make sure he was ok. I hate to be one of those parents that hang around the door all hour. Brevin was so dang cute sitting there eating his snack like a big boy. He also drew us a beautiful piece of artwork. I tried to take a picture and put in on this post but for some reason it just wasn't turning out. He was so proud of himself, after nursery time he ran up to Souli and showed him his picture. Kids are so funny I swear they are better when you arn't around. When I went to pick him up, I thought when he saw me he would cry a little like where have you been. He does that sometimes when I've been away. Again I was wrong he just smiled and showed me his picture.
Good job my little one. Well I guess not so little I can't believe how big he is getting. He sure isn't my baby anymore. I just can't tell you how proud I am of him and all he does. I love that little bug more then he knows. I missed him throughout the classes today but I'm so glad he had a fun time makes it more easy on me. I know I'm a little bias but he was so cute in there such a big boy. I know this sounds dumb, but its like going to nursery ends a chapter in your childs life. I don't know why it made me sad. Well proud but also sad he is just growing up. I don't know if any of you felt this way taking you kids to nursery. It was like he was thinking I don't need you mom even though I know he really does. I love you Brevin and remember how proud me and your daddy are of you. You are so big.

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Good job Brevvy! I know I just can't believe him and Luke are now nursery age, they just seem too little. I always get sad too, at least you have little Elle coming. This will be my first time in three years I havn't had a baby with me in my classes. I am glad he did so good for you, I thougt he would be more scared because he is such a momma's boy. That must have been so nice having him love it and not fight him for a year like I did with Lance let's hope Luke does better!

The Mashy Family said...

Yeah for Brevvy! He looks so cute in that picture. What a big boy! Did I mention I finally got a kiss from him!

Anonymous said...

He did so good! I was very proud of him. I was a little worried when you left that he would cry, but he loved that popping toy! Even during singing/lesson time he sat in his little chair the whole time! He was such a good boy! I'm so glad he like nursery!!

Unknown said...

Good job for Brevin!!! You don't know how lucky you are...that never happened to us, all our kids had a hard time.

Anonymous said...

I will miss seeing him in primary. That is probably a big relief for you that he went so easily.

Cami said...

He was a cute little stinker in there!

Jill said...

Congrats Brev, you are getting so big. You are lucky that he liked nursery, Tanner never spent one day yes, you heard me not one day in nursery. At least he was always good when I took him to class with me.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my little Brev, what a big boy. With a new little sister coming, I guess he kinda has to be. I am surprised though, I didn't think he would do well. The worst is when they start to realize that you sneak out every week, and then they watch you like a hawk. Carson would never leave my side, cause he knew what I was planning to do. Fun, fun!!

TW said...

Yeah Brevin, what a big boy.

Jilly said...

That can be so nerve-wracking so it's nice when they love it! It sounds like you have good nursery leaders, what a big boy is getting to be!