Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Past 4 Years


This past Thursday was our fourth anniversary. Boy, how time flies. It seems like just yesterday that we were taking these engagement pictures. Its weird to look back on the first year we were married, wow have things changed. Living arrangements are different, we are now a family of four instead of just two. I really will look back on the first year we were married and always smile. It was definetly challenging at times. Learning new things, how to cope with each others habits, actually being the providers, cooking, taking care of a home and just enjoying each others company. Your first year is kind of like playing house. Only sometimes with a few bends in the road. I think everyone looks at the person they are going to marry and thinks I know everything about this person. Well that is wrong. You learn so much more some good, some bad, but you take the good with the bad.
Our next year being married brought quite an exciting change. A house, I think as newlyweds you always think how will I ever be able to get a house. A mortage that will never happen. Well we were lucky only being married one year and moving into our first home. I love my home there is something about sharing a home together. I look at this picture and then at my home now and see quite a few changes. It amazing what you can do when you have a loving husband right beside you helping you all the way. It makes me so happy each day to making up in a home with a man that holds the priesthood, and two babies that I will be with forever.
Our next year brought a darling little bundle of joy. Our baby Brevin, he is perfect. Its amazing to think me and Souli made this baby. He's is ours. He is the only thing that has ever really belonged to the two of us. I think in marriage there are significant things that bring you closer together as a couple having childrenis one of them. I remember looking up at Souli right after I had Brevin and thought we are a family. I have my own family. A terrific husband and this beautiful baby. I don't think that anything tops having a child with someone who loves you and will always be with you for eternity.
This year brings our baby girl. Souli and I were saying the other day its weird to look back a year ago and think that Elle wasn't even born yet. Its like I remember it but I can't imagine not having her. I think having my second baby has made me cling to Souli more for help. Sometimes when I was pregnant I would get worried about how a would handle two kids. Well having Souli has made it all possible. Its weird how you just know your role as a parent as each child is born. Souli is so helpful. I will be honest he's not so helpful with things like bath time, feeding that kind of thing, but when it comes to playing and keeping Brevin and Elle happy he is perfect. For me that is all the help I need. Its so exciting to look back on our lives together and see all the changes. Good and bad we've stuck together. I look forward to many more happy years with you. I wonder what this year will bring. Anything that comes I'm so glad I have you Souli to help me along the way. You keep me happy, you kept your promise and I'm so grateful to you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

For this special occasion Souli took me to Thai Foon. For those of you who haven't been there its one of my new favorite restaurants. I'm going to crave it I fear quite a bit. Its at the Gateway so afterwards we did a little shopping. We just needed some reason to stay away a little longer. Its not to often that you get to go somewhere without kids. I love my little ones, but its nice to have a few hours with just my honey. Ever year I tell Souli no gifts and what does he do he always gets me something. I would have to say when it comes to giving gifts Souli is more thoughtful then I. Each year since we've been married he always gives me something that I will cherish for years to come. This year wasn't any different. The other night I watched that movie Marley & Me, well in the show she has this little necklace that her husband gave to her. She wore it always till the doggy dies and then she baries it with him. That night I told Souli I wanted something like that just small and that I could wear every day. Well what does he do a few minutes before we are leaving for dinner he comes in with a little sack from a jewelry store with this necklace in the picture above. I was so surprised he is one of a kind. I sure love that guy. He will always hold the key to my heart. Its amazing that over the past four years I've grown to love him more then the day I married him. As you are married you share experiences together happy moments, stressful times, sad times, but with all of these we've grown so close as a couple. Souli I will always love you. You've given me all of these wonderful things in these pictures and I look forward to many more years of memories with you. You are my other half. I love you more then you will ever know. Without you in my life I would be nothing. Thanks for all you do for our family. You are the best husband in the world. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you and the feelings only get stronger each day I'm with you. You've made me who I am.

11 comments:

Cami said...

Happy anniversary! Amazing what can happen in 4 short years! The necklace is gorgeous.. way to go Souli!

Melissa S. said...

It's so weird to look back and not want to change a thing but then when you started you didn't know what to expect! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It was fun reading all about those 4 years....and love the necklace!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I'm glad you got to go out for, I'm sure, some much needed alone time.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

zacandbritt.blogspot.com said...

OH WOW!!! You two have gained soo much together! Congrats on the four year mark!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love that first picture of you guys, funny how just four short years later you both look so much older, I guess that's what kids does to you. Happy Anniversary I love you both, Souli did great I am so jealous of that necklace. He really is a thoughtful gift buyer, everything he gives you is always so sweet...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It's crazy how time flies!! Your necklace is beautiful!

Thiago & Teri said...

Funny where life takes you, isn't it. Seems like we blink and things just keep changing. In your case for the good. Happy anniversary to our two favorite people, love you both so much and thanks for always being there for us.

TW said...

Happy Anniversary you two. I agree, a lot sure changes in 4 years and the best is those two darling kids.

Brett and Michelle said...

Hi Ashley! This is Michelle Markham. I went and got my hair done today and Jamie told me you had a blog! I love all your cute pics! Elle is so BEAUTIFUL! And Brevin is such a little stud! I am excited we can keep in touch this way. If you want...we have a blog but its private, send me your email address and I will send you an invite. chellemarkham@gmail.com
It was fun talking to you the other day. We should try to get together for lunch at the park or something. Miss you!

The Carnahan's said...

Crazy how time fly's by! Congratulations on your anniversary. Souli is so sweet to you, that's such a nice present. I love surprises. I am glad you guys are doing so great.