Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Car locked, Kids inside= POLICE

Whoever knew that a simple meal at Cafe Rio could end with my kids locked in the car, and a cop coming to the rescue. I know what you must be thinking stupid Ashley locked her keys in the car again, but that was not the case this time. In this case it was Brevin thinking he would take advantage of moms stupidity of leaving the keys on the seat while I got Elle in her carseat. Whenever we run errands or anything I always get worried having Brev just stand by me while I get Elle in her seat so I just tell him to climb in. Usually its fine to do this, because he just goes to his seat and hopes in. Well in this case he decided to hit the lock button right as I was shutting Elle's door. So there you have it locked car, with two children under the age of 3 stuck inside. I know Brev understands how to unlock the car. I guess he just thought he was funny. He kept laughing and taking sips of his lemonade. After about 25 min of banging on the window for him to unlock the door we decided to call the police. My sister was with me she kept busy making faces at Elle through the window. I was so glad Elle was in a good mood. That would have been even worse with her screaming. My little Carson was very nervous by this situation, he couldn't figure out why we were stuck outside. He was very worried. After about only 5 minutes the officer was there and we were back in the car ready to go. It was so embarrassing. I know it was partly my fault, but naughty Brev. He was hard to get mad at with that cute smiling face. He really got mommy this time. I guess I can look on the bright side. Since they were inside the car it didn't cost. I was just glad it wasn't hot outside. That would have been terrible for them. Crazy kid what was he thinking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they are okay! Good thing it wasn't a very hot day! These 2 year olds I tell ya.. they are stinkers! Good thing they are cute! :)

Cami said...

WOW! I always leave my keys on the seat, and I always tell Landon to hop in, too. I guess I'll take your story to heart, and NOT do that anymore!

I'm sorry... that's gotta have been frustrating!

Lovely Lizzy said...

I can sympathize. I do the same thing with Tyler and Aaliyah and back in June after had buckled Tyler in and was walking around to get Aaliyah and buckle her in she locked the doors with the keys inside. We didn't have our hide-a-key on the truck and I couldn't find the spare. Fortunately my mom had a key to our truck so I booked it across the street and grabbed the key so fast. By the time I got the car unlocked and rescued them they had both broke a pretty good sweat. It was terrifying. And she did it right before a picture appointment I had for them. Ahh!!! I'm glad the cop was fast and good too. Sometimes it can take them a while.
Oh and I've also locked the keys in the car while it was running. (The cop that came to rescue my car quit because he couldn't get it. My dad was eventually able too, but that sucked way bad too.)

Eric and Jenny said...

You and your keys nobody locks them in your car more than you. Though I can see how it's not technically your fault, I do that all the time lay my keys on the seat while buckling in the kids. Darn Brevy, that is good you didn't have to pay seeing as you have already been there done that this year....

The Carnahan's said...

That must have been scary, but at least it was cooler weather! Brevin is crazy, I love that he thought it was funny...didn't realize the severity of the situation obviously! Too young...glad everything was ok!

Thiago & Teri said...

That little stinker...funny after the fact, not so much at the time. You would have thought it was Carson that was locked in there, by the way he was behaving. Quite the experience.

Unknown said...

Oh, that is so frustrating! I always put my keys in my back pocket now, if I have one, so that doesn't happen. I'm glad they are okay??

Nick and Stacey said...

sounds like an exciting day anyways! Don't feel bad I think everyone sets their keys on the seat...and I always have Mithcell just climb in! I am glad everything worked out okay though! And Cafe Rio sounds wonderful right now!