Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Food for Thought

Do you ever stop, look at your life, and think what do I do for myself. What do I do that is just for me as a person, besides the normal day to day things. Which don't get me wrong I do enjoy. Only sometimes I think I need to put more things kind of to the wayside and do something that I enjoy. I don't blame my lack of doing so on anyone but myself. I always take on to much and have too many jobs to get done. I've been thinking about this alot lately, feeling so jeolous in a way as I've been looking at my sisters cute posts the last few days. And I think why did I give this up. Its such a great way to scrapbook without all the expense. I think I started getting to overwhelmed with staying caught up on everyone's, but that isn't important. Sure if you have the time look at everyone's but don't make is such an obligation. I think the obligation is to write down those sweet things your kids do. Or special occasions for you and your family. I know I will look back on what I have done and be so grateful for the sweet little moments you forget about. I will say I wish I was a better writer. My sister Jenny is amazing, her blog is like reading a good book. She thinks of everything. I always say how much I admire her she captures all the little things life brings. I don't. Lately I've been looking at myself and I don't really like what I see. I'm someone who constantly compares everything I have or do with someone else. Even blogging. I just need to let it be my own. I wish if I could change one thing about myself it would be my lack of confidence. Its a constant struggle, with my work, my kids, my husband, or just life in general. I just want to be my own person. Not my sisters or my mom or anyone else. Just me and love who I am. I'm kind of rambling here. Only in my mind it makes sense with the things I may be struggling with for myself. Some no one even knows about. All I know is I need something that is just for me no one else. Which I'm sure for alot of people blogging is not the thing. Only for me I think it just might be. Some of my other hobbies I would like to do are still to hard while my kids are young. So here I am doing something I enjoy for me, lets see where it takes me.

6 comments:

Melissa S. said...

I sure hope you DO keep it up, because I enjoy looking at your blog. And confidence?!?! Wow, all you need to do is LOOK IN THE MIRROR, you're beautiful and as is your family and you all love each other!!!!

Lovely Lizzy said...

I'm glad you're back to this and that it will make you happy.
I think you are fantastic, and a great mom. Keep this up if it make you happy, and I think I'll take your advice and maybe blog first and then look at other peoples so I get my updates on there.

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so glad to see a post on here. Though Ash you give me to much credit, my blog is not like reading a book. I think I am probably the only person in the world who takes pictures of their root beer, but you are right it does make me happy and that is what matters. So if blogging makes you happy then I am all for it, but if it becomes a chore and just one more thing to find time for don't feel like you need to keep going. Lucky me if I need updates I can just call my beautiful sister and get them myself, like I don't do that anyways. Love you, you are amazing and I am so blessed to have you for a sister.

Thiago & Teri said...

Well I of course hope you will get back into it. I love seeing your pictures and what you have to say, even though I am with you all the time and know all of it anyways...hahah. However if it just becomes a stress and something else you have to make time for, don't worry about it. Make sure it is something you really want to do. YOu know I love you missy....thanks for being my bestest friend!!

The Mashy Family said...

Ash, I kinda feel for ya. It is true I always see you running around with your two little ones and trying to make it all work. It is so hard to be a mom and work and do all the things that you need to. I just want you to know that I am the same way as you. I lack the confidence I need to be happy with me and the things I do. The funny thing is is that the more I realize that everyones life is really not as perfect as it seems on blogs the happier I got. I sometimes get frustrated reading others posts too thinking what is wrong with me, but I realized nothing. You have a darling family and you are darling. Give yourself some credit and lighten up on yourself. I know that it is easier said then done but try. Your beautiful and a great mom! Don't ever forget that. I love seeing pictures of your family though! Keep blogging! (I talk like I am a pro at it!)

Cute Family said...

It's like you just posted my exact thoughts! I look at Stacey, and she always seems so on top of everything! I like reading your blog, but it is one of those things that can be tough to keep up on sometimes when everyone else seems to have a way better blog.