Tuesday, May 13, 2008
The Gift of Prayer
This next post is more just for my benefit, so I can remember the little things my Brevin does. Tonight as we were getting ready to sit down for dinner. Souli said OK fold your arms Brevin and he does. He bows his head, folds his arms and waits for Souli to start. It was so cute he has never done that before. Then after he just sat there for a minute almost like he was pondering what was said in the prayer. It's so fun to watch your kids and the things they learn from you. I'm so glad that we have the gospel in our home so we can teach our children these principles. Prayer is so powerful, and I understand the importance of teaching your children young. Each night now we will practice. As he was doing this my thoughts went to my sweet nephew Lance. When we went to Kentucky, each night he would go get the Book of Mormon for his dad to read, then he would get in a circle for family prayer. Good Job Jen and Eric you've taught him well. Just Brevin folding his arms for pray at dinner is the start of good things to come. It's so funny how something so small can make you so proud of your children. I love him so much, but also I'm so grateful for prayer and the strength its given to me. I hope Brevin will have the same experiences in his life. Good Job my little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Brevy that is so wonderful, I really don't think there is anything greater than seeing your children live the gospel it warms your heart. Ash I think it was really sweet that you took the time to write out this little story these are the kind of things you will want to remember. Love all of you, you cute little Phongsavath family.
That is so sweet, way to go Brevvy. Usually Carson always tells me no, and just starts eating. Naughty little chicken.
That is so cute, I remember when me kids started to learn how to pray, their is nothing better. Kids learn by example and I think that is why it is so important to live our lives the way we want them to live theirs.
Post a Comment