I wasn't really tagged for this one, but I'm way over due for a post. Big surprise I know. I seem to do a bunch at a time and then stop. I need to spread them out. This one sounded fun, but also hard. Sometimes I don't have the best memory on things.
20 years ago
That sure was a long time ago. I was almost 4, so at that time of my life I pretty much followed my sisters and mom around. We did do many weird things like my sister said, we had dance recitals in our garage. I just started dancing at this time of my life. So I was really in to it. I remember when I was three going to my first dance recital. That costume was my all time favorite. This small pink tutu. I still have it. I love to pull it out from time to time, and think, how was a ever that small. I also remember my mom did my hair fancy, which meant curly. My mom used to braid our hair in little braids and then stick curlers on the bottom, we would sleep on it and then take it out. It was so pretty with all of our long hair. I miss those days life was simple with no worries. Sometimes I would like to go back for just a day or so.
10 years ago.
This one is a bit easier. I was 13 and in 9th grade so again almost 14 this is hard so close to my birthday which is in July. I went to North Layton Junior High. This was the year they started the dreaded uniforms. All we could where was tan or navy blue pants with white or forest green shirts. Talk about style don't you think. It was awful. I was glad it was only one year for me I felt so bad for those kids that were in 7th grade. I couldn't wait for that year to be over. I also missed my sisters I hated the years we weren't in the same school in was awful. They were my best friends. You see in school I had what you would call the clicky grade. They just weren't the nicest. I thought it was bad in Junior High so I was so excited for high school. But I was wrong that was by far worse.
5 years ago
This was a great time I had just met my husband. We had a new relationship which is always fun. I was so happy I new he was the guy for me. Pretty much that year we spent most of our time together. Except the 6 month break up. Which most of you know was Souli's dumb idea not mine. I think it was a good time apart though. It helped us grow and find out what we really wanted. I'm glad now at the time I was miserable. Ask my mother I drove her nuts. She still worked with Souli so I would use her to stay close to him. I know this makes me sound desperate. But I knew I loved him and wanted things to work out. Which eventually they did and now we are so happy.
3 years ago
I had just gotten married and returned home from a wonderful honeymoon in California. Nothing was better then being newlyweds. We learned so much that first year. You'd think I pretty much new everything about him, boy was I wrong. We moved into our townhouse which I loved till we decided to get a house. Then I couldn't wait to get out. Souli and I kind of had a rough time adjusting to married life. Or maybe just I did, it seemed we argued alot. I'm sure my family would say we still do. But that us its how we grow. Which sounds weird I know. I loved that year. It was fun to start all the new things together, like grocery shopping, taking care of a home, cooking, laundry, and living on a budget. Its funny how you are so excited for this stuff but now some of it is just exhausting.
1 year ago
What a fun exciting time. We had our little angel from heaven. Brevin was four months old at this time. This was a fun age he was really starting to get a personality. The hard parts of a newborn were over and things were just starting to settle down in our life. There was nothing better then that little face. Its funny how a year before that things were happy and good. But when a baby comes they are so much better. I can't even remember life without him. He was such a good baby, he didn't sleep through the night yet. Which he finally is after how many long nights of little crying coming from the next room. Its so fun to adjust to having a baby they are so much work yet so much fun.
So far this year
We started off the year with Brevin's 1st birthday it was a blast. Who would of thought that a party for a one year old would be so fun. We had a packed house, he sure is loved. I'm so glad. Then came the time of sickness I swear Brev was sick for like 4 months he is now just finally over it. YOu name it he got it colds, ear infection, fevers. It was awful I'm so tired of sickness I could scream. Later this year we started back up on our yard which is alot of work. I'm sure you all know. But its getting there and I love it. So far this year isn't to exciting but the rest of the year is great. After all we have a new little addition joining out family I can't wait.
Yesterday
My day yesterday wasn't the most fun day. I spent it doing yard work and getting my stupid car registered. I hate stuff like that. Usually Souli does it but he had to work, and we were like a month past the due date. You see we didn't get the thing in the mail, so I didn't even think of it. Souli mentioned it so then it was a must to get done. Pretty much the only fun part of my day was going to Cafe Rio with my mom and Teri. That was enjoyable. What can I say its one of our favorites.
Today
Today was also a boring day I spent it at America First. Boy am I glad thats almost over just one more time and I'm done forever. After that I will just work 1 day at Salon Tantrum. Yeah, I'm so excited to get back into the career I've always wanted to do. Actually today wasn't to bad I made lists. I know this sounds weird,but like to do lists, grocery lists. That kind thing. I love stuff like that. I know you are all laughing I always get made fun of. But it keeps me organized.
Tomorrow
Is Sunday, we are going to my moms. I love going there she has the most gorgeous house and its so calming. We will go to church, I have to teach the lesson which surprisingly I'm sort of excited for. I really prepared myself this time. After we going straight to my moms, and spending the day. I'm making this blanket for Brevin so I'm hoping she will help me finish it. I want to get it done I've pretty much been making it since before he was born.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a cute post. It is always fun to remember the past they were such good times being a kid was great. But there is nothing like the present
Cute Ash, I love this tag it is fun to remember all the stages of your life. You make me laugh I did always feel bad for you with your grade of girls in school they were very clickish. I always felt bad leaving you all alone there. You and your lists I don't think there is a more organized person in the world than you which makes you perfect to come help me pack up our house. Working on the ticket still I told Eric it had to be done today before dad gets back and yells at me. HAHA
Good old uniforms..sure happy I never got stuck wearing those. Yuck!! Although you always looked pretty cute in them. I will be doing this tag soon, I really like how it makes you stop and think back. Fun, fun.
Hey it's malia.. from the ward. I found your blog through Cami Ross's Blog! Let me just say your little boy is so stinkin cute! My kids just love him! As you can tell they don't leave him alone when we sit behind you! Your blog is way cute!!
Love this tag. I also love that you wrote stuff about some hard times in your life. It actually makes me feel like your human. Gotta love the braids and curlers. My mom was doing that the other day to Halee and Kamryn. I can't wait to braid my little girls hair!
I really like this post! I liked reading all the wonderful things you had to say! You are funny with your lists! I like to make lists to, it makes me feel better about things! And alot less stressed!
So, I make lists too. I am obsessed with it! This was such a cute post and fun to read! I love learning new things about people through their blogs.
Post a Comment