Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Heart Day

Last week my sisters and I got together to have our traditional holiday activity day. My sister Teri came up with a few fun activities for the boys to do. Brevin had fun watching everyone, but I mostly did all his projects for him. I think he's still a bit young for that type of thing. My sister Jenny make the most delicious treat. It was like a little mini cupcake with this pudding stuff  topped with a strawberry. So good. The kids all had so much fun. Elle spent the whole time sleeping which is why I have zero pictures of her.

This picture was hard to get I swear we took a ton till I finally was satisfied with this one. Don't they look cute in their matching vests. Lancey was so excited that his vest matched Brev's.
Our first activity was to make these valentine folders to hold their valentines they exchanged. This is Brevin added the finishing touches to his masterpiece. He was devastated when we took away the glitter pens.
The whole party group. With all those kids we get quite the mess. Souli always says why do you have parties if you just get ornery about the mess afterwards. In my defense I wasn't ornery with the mess I was ornery that both Brevin and Elle wouldn't hush up so I could get it cleaned up.
Brevin didn't understand the meaning of giving out valentines. He kept wanting to take off the candy and just give the card. Not quite how it works little one. He didn't get that he got valentines from others in return.
We also made these cheerio frames for the boys to give to their daddies. Us girls made them all and the boys showed them off like they put in so much effort.
My kids in their valentine clothes. I just love dressing them up for holidays its so cute. I'm so excited this is the first picture I've taken of her actually smiling. She's very selective to when and who she smiles at. Brevin and his cheesy grin enough said. He really gets into his posing.

Souli loved his gift from Brevin it went right up on the fridge. Don't mind Brevin's fruit snack in his mouth it was the only to get him to hold still.
Every year for Valentines I make Souli a rice crispy in the shape of a heart. He loves them. I swear between the two of us it was gone in a day. Not good for me that is still losing baby wait. Honey I hope you had a good Valentines I love you more then you will ever know. I know at times we disagree with each other and have our hard moments. I will always know life is better with you then it ever would be without you. You are my rock thanks for all your support. I'm so lucky to have you, and Brevin and Elle are so lucky to have you as their father. You are the best and I love you with all my heart. Thanks again for my Valentines present. Souli gave me money to go by myself some new clothes. I swear I haven't gotten anything new in so long. Its sad that once you have kids all you extra money goes to them which is how it should be. I with this money will be spending it on just myself I feel I deserve it.
Me and my baby girl. I love having a baby girl she is so much fun to dress and doll up.
Elle got this cute little stuffed animal, when she is a little older I hope she will enjoy to cuddle with it.
Brevin got this little fish game. He loves it, he first was introduced to it at his auntie New's. Then my nephew Carson got it. He can't get enough of it. He was upset that it didn't come with batteries. So he made up his own way to play. As you can see in the picture he is more preoccupied with his game then to actually look up for the picture. That night we went with Thiago and Teri to Tony's Pizza in Ogden. It is pretty kid friendly and not too long of a wait. Which is also good with children. It was another fun holiday. I love my family so much it was nice to spend the day as a family. I have three little Valentines.

5 comments:

Cami said...

That's fun you and your sisters have traditions. And you are still losing baby weight?! I saw you Sunday and you looked GREAT! What's left to lose?

zacandbritt.blogspot.com said...

Ashley, it is so fun to see your little family grow! Looks like you had a very fun Valentines Weekend! Elle looks so adorable and Brevin as cute as ever!

TW said...

The kids look darling and I'm glad you had a great day. Elle's smile is preious, looks like you have another smiley one!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love that picture of you and Elle you look absolutely beautiful in it. We probably did make quite the mess the other day, sorry about that....love you thanks for letting us come over and play it was great!

Thiago & Teri said...

My little Elle bell looked so cute in her Valentiney...sweetest little thing ever. You look so beautiful in that picture, I know I already told ya but never hurts to hear it again.