Monday, February 9, 2009

Last week I took Elle to get her picture taken in her gorgeous blessing dress. There is just something about these dresses so pretty its like their first wedding dress. She looked darling in it. I was however glad we blessed her last Sunday because her dress was almost to small. I can't believe she is already 2 1/2 months old. Shes's getting so big.
Elle on her big day. She was such a good girl. She slept all morning so for church she was excellent. We didn't bless her on fast Sunday due to the fact that a few people in our family couldn't make it that week. At Brevin's I bore my testimoney I was upset I couldn't for hers. The week before I was sitting in Sacrament meeting thinking to myself oh just go up take Brev with you he will calm your nerves. I never did, and I still am upset I didn't just have the courage. Its never as scarry as you think it is.
Souli and his baby girl. He gave such a wonderful blessing. I asked him right before if he was nervous and he said a little. I swear Souli doesn't get nervous for anything besides giving his children a blessing. I think he just wants to make sure its perfect. The part that touches my heart the most was to see Souli cry. You don't see that often. I can count three times since I've known Souli that I've seen him cry. When he proposed and giving his son and daughter a name and blessing. The priesthood is so powerful and I'm so grateful for the peace it gives me. Most importantly I'm so grateful that Souli can be the one to do this for our children. Thanks honey you did a great job. I love you so much.
I just thought she was so beautiful in these pictures I had to post them all. She for sure got my big eyes. The funny thing is when she was first born I thought she looked like Brevin, well the older she gets the less I think so. She has a look all of her own.
When I first bought this dress Souli's comment was, "Its a little long." However on Sunday he said,"She really looks cute in her dress." Guys they never know what they are talking about.




Cute little half smile, she knows she's cute.
Afterwards we had dinner at our house. For my house being pretty small it sure holds alot of people. Its hard to have big parties alot of preparation, and alot of clean up but so worth it. The kids all had so much fun. I love seeing Brevin with his cousins his face lights up whenever they are around.
Hallie, Carson, Brevin, and Lance putting on a little concert. Luckily Jill put a stop to all that noise quickly. They were getting a little out of hand. Crazy kids no concept of noise. It was such a wonderful day and worth staying up till 12:00 cleaning it up. I love having these special moments for my kids. I love them so much. Thanks to all of you who helped me and brought food. I appreciate it so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looked Beautiful! That dress is darling!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was a great day for your family. I love the picture of Souli with her. The pictures are all beautiful.

TW said...

She is beautiful!!! Thanks for a fun day and all your hard work.

Eric and Jenny said...

Ash it was such a perfect day, you go to so much work, thanks so much for everything. Elle was absolutely beautiful in her dress, she looked just like the little princess that she is!

Nick and Stacey said...

So fun! Elle really looks beautiful! I know what you mean about guys and not quite understanding the whole dress idea! When we blessed Faye Nick had the dress all bunched up around her feet, so no one even really got to see how pretty it was! We wont make that mistake again if we have another girl! Anyways what a fun day, the blessing day is always special!

Thiago & Teri said...

Such pretty girls. Elle and her mommy...love them both

Unknown said...

What a doll!!! She looks so beautiful!