Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who's Who

I'm sure you can tell right off who is who from these two pictures. The blanket we both are using my mom made for me when I was a baby. I love that I can pass something down to my little girl that I was once wrapped up in. I do think that Elle and I look somewhat alike with our eyes closed.  Thanks mom for keeping this blanket for me all these years. I new one day I would have a baby girl to use it. Everytime she is wrapped up in it, it brings back such a wonderful time of my life. I loved my childhood, because of you mom. You were always so thoughful.  I actually think this blanket was Teri's or Jenny's, but it has just been passed down from one baby to the next. I hope one day Elle can pass it down to her baby. Isn't she beautiful sleeping so soundly.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, It looks brand new! I still have two of my baby blankets, but they have been trashed! I carried them around with me for years and years!

That's so sweet that you have that for her!

Thiago & Teri said...

Ahh, Ash that is so dang cute. You really do kinda look like each other, she is defintely more her dad. But I see little specks of you in there. Either way she looks so preciousl all snuggled in her pink blankie...love it!

Eric and Jenny said...

It is kinda amazing how good that blanket looks after all these years. It's not like we played lightly with it, I can think of plenty of times one of our many babies were wrapped up in it. She does look beautiful and so do you, you lucky dark haired babies!

TW said...

I totally remember that blanket. You both are adorable...I need to hold Elle right now!!!

The Carnahan's said...

How fun! That is a really cute girl blanket, and it's in great condition. My blanket is a mess and not too sure if is up to par for a baby...I carried mine around with me everywhere! You guys do look alike~ those are very cute pictures of both of you!

Nick and Stacey said...

I love this...I keep meaning to post pictures of Nick and I and Faye and Mitchell, because I think we all look so much alike! Anyways I love that you have that blanket, so fun!

zacandbritt.blogspot.com said...

That is so nice that you still have that blanket for your little princess. My mom has saved many of our dresses (blankets.. i dont think they survived) from back in the day. We used them to dress my little brothers in after us girls, haha.

Britt

Jill said...

I think you look a lot alike. Those pictures are priceless! I remember that blanket, I think I used it a time or two.

Melissa said...

Oh I remember you at that age. That makes me really old then! I shouldn't of said that!

Anonymous said...

I found you! Your little family is darling! I have enjoyed catching up through your blog. It was soo fun to see you a few weeks ago. Elle is beautiful, not surprized one bit! Hope your doing good. Love the blanket, those are the most special, ones that have been passed down. Take care, I'll check back soon!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! What a fun gift for your little girl.