As I said in my last post I would soon be introducing the newest members of our family. Us the Phongsavath family are proud pet owners. I said for the longest time I would never get any sort of animal, but when your little boy has a love for fishies who can say no to him. I guess I will start at the beginning. A few Saturdays ago we went to one of our favorite restaurants Kim Long. Well there they have a huge aquarium of all kinds of fish. The entire time Brevin watched the fish pointing and talking. Well then and there we decided we needed to get Brev his very own fish. Souli's bright idea was to get a big aquarium I said lets just start out small. Anything large is just too much. My deal was we could get them as long as I had no part in taking care of them besides feeding the little things. So that next week off to the pet store. We decided on two Beta fish. Naming them Harry and Lloyd, Souli's bright idea also. Being since Beta fish can't be in the same tank as each other the girl said to get this tank that has a plastic thing to separate them. So that's what we did. After getting the tank, the pebbles, the plants and the little rocks it turned out to be an expensive Easter present. The second we got home Souli started putting everything together. Brevin just loved it he was so excited, I've never seen him so excited about something. After everything was put together in went the fish on their separate sides of course. We gave them each a little food and just hoped for the best. I know its weird to say I've gotten attached to my fish, well that is until naughty Lloyd somehow slithered his way over to Harry's side of the tank. We got him out and back to his own side. Souli tried a few things to keep him from getting back over to Harry, but by the third time he was in for the attack. One day I walked downstairs to find Lloyd and Harry's side again. This time he had bit his little top fin right off. It was so sad now Harry has short little fins. What can I say he is a fighter. Lloyd definitely was the bully in this situation. So what did we do that night down the toilet Lloyd went. I know some of you may be thinking I killed my own fish. Only in my defense, if you've seen Finding Nemo you will know, "All drains lead to the ocean." I really don't know if that's true, but it makes me feel better about it. I'm also glad that Brevin isn't old enough to realize that first we had two and now only one. So that's the story of the fifth addition to our family. Little Harry and his heroic tale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am laughing so hard right now!!!!! I am having my own Fish drama right now.. I'm gonna blog about it.. so stay tuned.
Ashley this story just kills me, it's so funny, I seriously can't stop laughing and I have heard before! I didn't know you named them Harry and Lloyd that makes the whole thing even funnier. Great great story, this will be one to pass on for a LOOOOONG TIME!
What a great Mom you are! It is funny the things you are willing to do for your kids isn't it? Brev looks like he is sure enjoying himself.
Ha, ha...this story never gets old. Poor Lloyd, he is a goner. Can't believe you guys did that, you are so funny getting all worried about your fish. Still can't believe you got those...
That was my deal with the fish too...I WILL NOT clean the tank or put my hand in for any reason. The ONLY thing I will do is feed them once in awhile. We've been through many fish and that story tops most of ours....that was so funny!!
What good parents you are for having a pet fish. Brevin just cracks me up in the pictures. He is truly enjoying them, isn't he?
Post a Comment