Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

Can I just say the start of this great holiday did not go very well. Do you ever have Sunday mornings where you could just give one of your children away. Well Easter morning I couldn't wait to get Brevin to church so I could have 2 hours of peace while he was in nursery. He was so naughty. First off not to be gross, but he is in the habit again of pooping in the tub. I swear if he doesn't go before he gets in, I'm sure it will be happening. It freaks him out so bad so I don't understand why he does it. Its so nasty. I have to wash all the toys, clean him again, and patiently calm him down since he has scared him himself into a tantrum. I really would just like to give him a thunk on the head. He then was being so bad for pictures. I swear its like he knows that pictures make me happy so he purposely is trying to ruin it for me. So that is why the lack of pictures of this naughty 2 year old. Elle on the other hand was so tired before church, but was so good for her pictures. It should have been the opposite. Go figure.


This was the extent of his tantrum at picture time. Its like how hard is it to just sit on my lap and smile. Elle isn't exactly smiling, but at least no tears streaming down her cheeks.
The Easter bunny came to our house before church, which really worked out well since we had to be at Souli's brothers right after. Brevin was really excited about his basket. His new favorite movie blot was in his basket. His big present I will introduce to you all in my next post. The picture below is what I found Brevin doing with his basket right as we we're leaving to go to church. I will be finding jellybeans for months. The little stinker. Now are you understanding why I wanted to give him away. Malia you should have just taken him home with you after nursery.

Elle loved her Easter basket. As you can see in the picture above she needed to explore the goodies. Really her goodies were just puffs, and baby mush. Sorry no candy for you baby girl. Maybe next year. The picture above she looks really engrossed in her basket.

After a long 3 hours of church I swear its hard with two kids and church. We went over to Souli's brothers house for dinner. It was so good. My sister in laws mother made sushi. I love sushi I wish I could eat it alot more often then I do. After dinner we had yet another Easter egg hunt. After three Brevin has really got the hang of it. He had a whole basket of eggs. After the hunt was over Brev was sad he still wanted to find more. Kind of sneaky like Souli would toss an egg out of his basket for Brev to find a second time. He would get so excited like how did I miss this one daddy.

They have this great titer- toter. Brevin loves it I'm afraid that is something we may need to purchase in the near future.


Elle spent her time cuddled up in a blanket in her Nana's arms. As you can see in the picture she found a couple of her own eggs. Also she started out the afternoon in a darling spring outfit. Only after 30 minutes of being there she decided she would poop all over the whole thing. So therefore we borrowed some clothes from her cousin. That are about 3 sizes to big. What is with my kids today. I still think she looks pretty cute though. All in all it was a good day, minus a few incidents. I love holidays and they wouldn't be realistic if there wasn't a few minor problems.

10 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

How come I you didn't tell me any of that, funny kids. What is with Brev and pooping in the tub. Carson did that occasionaly bt not like brev does. I will keep that in mind when he is at my house, only him and Cars take a bath together and then they would both be freaking out. Funny...cute post!!

Melanie said...

Wow...sorry about the whole pooping in the tub thing. Yuck! But, it still looks like you had a nice holiday.

TW said...

Looks like you had a great day. Kid's are so unpredictable aren't they? Love the cute outfits!

Eric and Jenny said...

These pictures just make me sad, Elle is getting so big it's just not right, it feels like she is still a newborn to me. Yet in these pictures she is clearly not, don't get me wrong, she looks darling, just so big. Poor Brev sounds like a rough morning for you, I just love mornings like that!

Anonymous said...

Brevin was fine in nursery.. Cute as can be! Especially during singing time.. I think it's his favortie.. well besides snack time! But he always LOVES to sing! It's so cute!

Maybe it was a grumpy day, because Garrett was driving us CRAZY before church!
Looks like you guys still had fun with family.. atleast he was occupied with cousins for the rest of the day!

Jill said...

Poor Brev, you can't ever get both of them to behave can you it is always that way for me too. I love both their Easter outfits they are way cute.

Jodi and Shawn Davis said...

Sometimes kids can be such poop stains! I think it is so funny that he is afraid of the poop in the tub. That would be a funny site to see. I'm sure Warner will be the same way. Ü

Nick and Stacey said...

Elle does look adorable! Looks like a fun Easter! And of course you have to sneak in a few treats before church!

Unknown said...

At least you got your 2 hours of peace!!! Elle always looks so darling, and so does Brevin, they are both so cute!

Jody and Lacey said...

Ashley that first picture of Elle makes me smile!