Thursday, April 2, 2009

4 Months Old and Counting

Elle had her 4 month checkup on Monday I can't believe its been four months. She really doesn't look 4 months though. She is such a petite little thing. I knew she was small, but going to the doctor only confirmed it. These days she is weighing in at a whopping 11 lbs 8 oz and in the 7th percentile. She is so tiny. Her height in 23 inches, and in the 12th percentile. I would have to say that she kind of has a big head for the rest of her body. Her head circumference was 41 cm. So big head small body. Just kidding. Another comment the doctor made was that she has a flat head in the back. I think its a genetic thing Souli's head is so flat.I wasn't really sure what he meant by this, all he said was make sure she is getting tummy time. Souli has always been really good with this. I'll be honest I'm not so good. She doesn't like it a whole lot even though she really has a strong neck and can hold her head up really well. All in all it was a good visit to the doctor. Except for the shots she screamed, you know that cry when they are crying so hard nothing comes out. It was so sad. I hate to see my babies cry like that it breaks my heart. He wasn't too concerned by her weight. Both my kids have sort of always been small. Brevin is just finally filling out a bit more. Next will be her 6 month which I'm sure will come more quickly then I want it too. I wish time would slow down just a little.


I just had to throw this picture in. Smiles don't come much cuter then that, and with her this doesn't happen a whole lot. At least not for anyone but me.

11 comments:

Nick and Stacey said...

I like the small babies, it makes me feel like they stay my baby for that much longer! She is adorable, love that smile!

Cami said...

I wouldn't expect her to be big! Look at her mom! She is just as beautiful as you, Landon had the flat head thing too, and I too believe it's genetic. He had it straight from birth :)

Anonymous said...

SHe's so cute! Kenzie still hasn't made it above the 10th% for anything! It's so much more fun when they are tiny!! Easier to carry around too!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Eric and Jenny said...

I love that picture of her, it brings back happy memories in KY when we bought that outfit for her. That is funny about her head because Brevy's head is also way flat, it's totally genetic in your family, did you show him Brevy's head?

Katie & Justin Brimhall said...

I cant believe she's that old and I still haven't seen her. She is so stinkin cute!! My little guy (well he's not so little) he is almost 17 lbs. Charli weighed 18 lbs at one year.

Jill said...

Darling picture of little Elle. The shots are no fun though.

Unknown said...

That smile melts your heart! Don't worry about the weight, Kate is still under the 5th percentile. She's adorable!!

Thiago & Teri said...

She is just a little nothin, sure do love her tiny, little petite self though!

JODI said...

She is so dang cute. Of course she would be small, look at her parents! Ü Warner had a flat head too but once they start sitting and stuff it rounds out. He hated his stomach, now he sleeps on his belly. Ü

Jill said...

She is so darn cute, I love the green outfit. I loved the Easter outfit that Teri has on her blog.