Seeing as how we don't really go on too many vacations. Our Island Park trip always somehow fits in. This is a trip I look forward to all year long. The only bad part is that Souli is never able to go. We go with my extended Williams side of the family so they plan the week. Which always seems to fall on the week that Souli has his Davis High soccer tryouts. I missed him so much especially this time for some reason. I always say he doesn't help me enough with the kids, but not having him there really makes me realize how much he really does do. I hope next year he will be able to go. Please try to plan it even just one week earlier next year. Over my birthday that would be great. It was a great trip. Fun people, fun activities, the only other bad thing was I got a touch of the flu. Not so fun, but it passed. It was only bad at night when I just wanted my bed, my shower, and most importantly my hubby.

The whole trip I'm not sure what I would have done without this girl. She is the second me to miss Elle Belle. My cousin Tayler was about the only one Elle would let hold her for more then 10 seconds. Alot of people say we look alike maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks Tay you will never know how much I appreciate all of the assistance you gave me.

On the way to Island Park we stopped at Bear World. We weren't going to but at the last minute the kids decided they wanted to see the bears. It is pretty cool to watch all the bears just walking around so close to our cars. What do you think of my little bear. Pretty cute don't you think.

Carson and Brevin have always been the best of friends. Although I would have to say Brevin has developed a great friendship with our Gehrig. He is such a cute kid. He keeps me laughing. Josh and Randi you are great parents you are definetly doing something right with that little guy. He is lucky to have you.

Its the style these days the bigger the sunglasses the better.

We spent one day just shopping in Yellowstone, I got a ton of cute things. Pj's for the kids and Souli for that matter. Sweatshirts, all kinds of stuff. This is what the boys spent the afternoon doing. They started a baseball game in the middle of the sidewalk. Thiago bought Brev this bat and ball. So he insisted on playing. A few close calls to car windows, and a few home runs. Brevin was right where he loves to be anything with sports you know him.

The next day we went and drove through Yellowstone. I'm no really sure why we do this. I have fun but it is a long drive. Everyone complains at one point or another. Its fun to see the buffalo and other animals. This year we saw a bear, from a distance of course, but it was cool to see it walking along.

Our second to last day there we were going to go run the river, but this year it was freezing. Which explains the long pants and sweatshirts. So instead we drove up this steep mountain all the way to the top. More just to say we did it. I have never been up so high before. It was gorgeous. I'm glad I don't really get scared of heights. Although at times it was a bit creepy to look out my car window and see the huge drop off.

Best of friends. Brevin loves Carson to pieces sure they fight at times, but Brevin loves his buddy. They spent their time on the mountain. Finding rocks and throwing them. Not sure the excitement in this but it keep them busy and in one spot.

I love this family. I don't know what I would do without them in any aspect of my life. They were the best while we were gone. Thiago thanks for all you did for Brevin when Souli isn't around you are second best even over his own mother. I'm so thankful for the relationship you have. I love you so much. Teri thanks for all you help too. Especially since I was sick. You were always right there for me if I needed something. I love you so much.

On the way down the mountain, there was this beautiful hillside of wild flowers. Arn't they gorgeous. I wish you could see stuff like this more. Nature is so beautiful. I really need to enjoy it more.

Thiago he loves you more then you know.

My lack of pictures of Brevin is due to his lack of cooperation. He is impossibe to get a cute picture anymore. This was the best out of three or four tries.

Elle's first time in a hot tub. She didn't like it at first, but after a few minutes she didn't want to get out. She did however have to have her binki at all times.

The last day of vacations for me is always bittersweet. I get ready to go home, but not nesscarily back to reality. To bad you can't take a vacation but bring your home with you. We all had so much fun. Thanks to you all for your help with my kids, the expense it took to have us all come, but just for the wonderful company. If anyone knows how to have a good time its the Williams'. They are the best family it the whole world.
8 comments:
I love Island Park. It looks like you had a really good time. I love the wild flower pictures.
How fun! I love the pic of you and the kids in the flowers! That part of the county is always gorgeous! How lucky to see animals--when we were up there we didn't see any.
I hate that you were sick..you could just tell you didn't feel good at all. Their is nothing worse then being sick away from home, you held up so well considering. Love you, thanks for the sweet things you said about us. You know we will always be here for you guys...
You always get such cute pictures! We love island park/yellowstone!
I can't get over how adorable your kids are! So cute! I nominated you for something on my blog if you want to check it out! I hope you feel better!
I am so sad you were sick Ash, there is really nothing worse than just wanting your own bed and house when you don't feel good. You did get some great pictures though....
Ashley!! Yeaaah! I found you through Camille's blog and I am soo glad! How are you? Your kids are soo cute! How fun to have one of each! We were lucky like that too.. How old is your daughter?
Brave Woman! Good for you. I'm glad you got to squeeze in a fun vacation for the summer.
Post a Comment