Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend Getaway

A couple of weekends ago. We made a little trip up to Bear Lake. A family whose son Souli used to coach invited us to their cabin for the weekend. They are such a sweet family. I've only known them a few years, but they are seriously the most giving kind people I know. I'm so glad we went, it was such a nice weekend to sit back and relax. We really didn't do much, it was over Raspberry Days so the place was crazy busy. We shopped, went to the beach, played in the pool, and just took it easy. I was kind of nervous to go, I always get that way. Only I found that is was one of the more relaxing, enjoyable vacations I've been on in a while. Our kids had such a fun time. Brevin was a little shy at first, but after a few hours made himself right at home. He was such a good boy. Elle Belle was an angel baby. She did super, she even let a few people hold her besides just me. Thanks to the Mendez family for the invite we had such a fun time and have never ate better in our lives. This guy is the best cook in the world.

While we were up there they had this puzzle, you had to match each fish correctly to its other half. They said each person who they invited up to the cabin had to finish this puzzle before they went home. It took me forever most of the first night actually. I was determined, those kind of things drive me crazy.

Elle being Elle.

Brevin loved this telescope. He really must understand what they do, he spent most of the first night doing this. Up and down, Up and down.

To this boy everything is a golf game, for Halloween I think I will dress him up as Tiger Woods.

Reading a story with daddy, as you can see she was more interested in what mommy was doing.

The beach, anywhere Brevin can dig in the dirt without me yelling at him. Well, is good for him. He loved this. Could have stayed for hours.

My sunbather, I love this picture. She's so perfect.

I love my family.


Fun in the pool.

Fun on the playground.

I haven't seen my kids so relaxed as they were on this trip in quite a while. I'm not sure, but it was probably cause I was relaxed. We had a great time. Thanks again for the invite.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun trip!

Cami said...

You got some really cute pictures! (easy with your kids!!) Looks like you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get away! Your kids are darling as always!

TW said...

Brevin cracks me up with all his activities...glad you had a good getaway.

Eric and Jenny said...

Ash I love the pictures, you got some great ones! I am surprised that puzzle took you so long , you are the queen at puzzles, it must have been a hard one.

Thiago & Teri said...

Cute, cute pictures....where did Brev get that outfit he is wearing in the golf picture. That is cute...look forward to Lincoln wearing it. Ha-ha. Glad you guys had a good time, I was incredibly jealous and wish I could have gone along with you.

Unknown said...

How fun!! I love Bear Lake, and I'm glad you had a great time!!!

JODI said...

Those are the best kind of trips. Looks like a lot of fun! Ü