Monday, April 28, 2008

Dirt, Dirt, and more Dirt


Up to no good.



Very proud of his work.

Daddy's little helper.

These last couple of weeks I've been really anxious to get our planting started. Our first, and most difficult task was to bring dirt in. This has been tricky, because as you all may already know we don't exactly drive big trucks. Our final decision, which seemed the easiest, was to have it delivered. We worked all day Saturday, Souli moved the dirt where it needed to go and my job was to spread it out. Souli just doesn't quite have the knack for things like that. Its more me anyways that felt it needed to be done. Brevin was right there beside Souli all day helping put the dirt into the wheelbarrow. He has his own little wagon for him to carry dirt, but he just had to have what daddy had. By the time we went in, Brevin was covered from head to toe with dirt. Our bathtub had a black ring around it. I normally like him to be really clean and neat but also nothing is more fun for a kid to play in the dirt. Its good for him, teaches him how to be a boy. It was nice to get it all done so we can start planting the fun stuff.

9 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Good job, your dirt looks great! Ha ha. What happened to dad helping you deliver the dirt? Cute Brevy, I like that little wheelbarrow, but of course he needs to use the one his daddy is using. Good job Souli, you are a good sport. Your yard will look beautiful when it's all done.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

I am right there with ya on the "letting him be a boy" thing. But I have a hard time with this getting dirty stuff, I guess kids will be kids and I will have to learn to deal with it.

Cami said...

how cute! I have a very dirty boy every day too! If you've seen our yard lately, there is a whole lot of dirt. It's pretty much the neighborhood sandbox.

Thiago & Teri said...

Funny, little Brev. He likes to be right in on the action, doesn't he. He is one kid that is not afraid to get dirty, Carson has always been a little standoffish when it comes to dirt and messes, but not Brev. The dirtier the better. Miss you guys!!

The Mashy Family said...

Well don't you just love yard work! It is a never ending battle don't get too excited. I love mowing my 1'3 of an acre with my push mower!! Brevin is just growing up to much! What a helper.

TW said...

Wow, that's alot of dirt to move around. Brev you did a good job!

Fordney said...

I am excited to see all you plants in. I swear you are never done- every year there is just more and more to do. I love flowers and planting and everything about having a yard- so I am excited to see what you guys do.

Jill said...

That is alot of dirt! It looks really nice, that was smart to just have it delivered. Brevin looks like he is having fun.

Nick and Stacey said...

I have a hard time letting the kids go play in the dirt too, but it is just something they have to do! Even though the mess afterwards is such a chore they look so darn cute digging in the dirt!