Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yard work with my Papa

"Papa, mommy won't let me play it that."



I love my Papa's big truck.

Last Saturday morning my sweet dad came over to help me with getting some dirt for my mounds. Its amazing that with one huge load we didn't even fill half of my big mound out front, oh well we will get it done soon enough. Brevin had so much fun outside, anytime he can play out in the dirt and get filthy he goes for it. It was kind of chilly so I made sure he was bundled, by the end he had gloves and his hood which usually he would have nothing to do with. Only this time he realized how cold it really was and thought I may as well leave these on. I love having a yard to take him out to play in. This year will be nice as we get it finished up out there. My dad was nice enough to come over and help us a bit. Thanks dad. Hopefully he can come back soon to help us finish. I hate having projects half way done. I just need to be patient though. I am excited this year to get our trees and cement done. I'm especially excited for flowers. There is nothing like driving home or looking outside and seeing beautiful flowers growing in your yard. I just hope mine grow as big as Teri's do, hers are just gorgeous every year.

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute little Brev he loves to be in on everything. Dad is so cute with all the boys, what a good grandpa! I'm sorry you didn't get all your dirt in, that's annoying. Oh well you have all summer I guess.

Thiago & Teri said...

Hey thanks for the compliment on my flowers..I just need to figure out what I am doing this year instead of marigolds. Stupid marigolds, always dying on me. Brevin looks like he is having so much fun, he and Carson came out and pull weeds with me the other day and they had a blast. Brevin likes to sit right smack in the middle of the dirt, doesn't he.

Nick said...

Your mom always had the prettiest yard also! I always loved it! I am so jealous, we have a couple pots on our porch that I need to plant, but that is about the extent of my gardening(until we get into a house again) Nick got a magazine in the mail of all these different flower seeds and it made me want a yard so bad to try some of the flowers. Oh well someday! Good Luck with finishing planting!

TW said...

You will have a beautiful yard I'm sure. Boy's and dirt, not a better combination than that.

haley said...

oh, your little guy is the cutest. that's nice of your dad to help you out.