Monday, April 21, 2008

Kiddo Tag-Brevin Bounthanh Phongsavath

Brevin has been tagged. I've been really excited about this one because I always do tags on myself but talking about my sweet little boy doesn't get better then that. So here are my five facts about this little sweet face. Isn't he just darling?

1. Brevin loves any kind of fruit especially strawberries, but you put anything in front of him and he just gobbles it all up. Which is funny because all he liked in baby food fruit was applesauce and pears. So go figure. I figure it's a healthy snack so eat as much as you want. He is kind of like me in this way I guess. I love all fruit it's healthy and refreshing. When I was pregnant with him I had gestational diabetes so to settle my cravings for candy I always ate fruit. Maybe thats where he gets it from. They say what you eat while you are pregnant your child usually likes. I don't know if that true or not but in his case maybe. Also, every other week we go to Souli's moms house. She always has fruit and the best picks ever. I don't know how she picks such good fruit. My fruit never tastes that good, but each time we are there Brevin eats so much fruit he smells like citrus. 

2. My little one year old is in love with electronics, phones, computers, TV's, or anything like that he won't keep his hands off. The other night we went up to my aunt Tammy's house and her two neighbor girls were over. He kept going over to them smiling, reaching his arms up like he really knew them. This is very weird for Brevin. He usually doesn't like going to people he doesn't know very well. But in the end we realized all he wanted was their phones. He was just flirting in order to get what he wanted. He also will never let me sit at the computer without him being on my lap. This is why I don't post as much on my blog or comment as often. By the time he gets to bed I'm tired and just can't stay up any longer to blog. Pretty much he is a weirdo. Souli is rubbing off on him way too young. Some of Souli's favorite things are TV, his laptop, and his IPOD. Like father like son I would like to say.

3. This little guy just loves to be held; he has since he was a baby. I remember in the hospital when he was born all the nurses would say, "I know this baby, he is the one who loves to be held." I loved that my child was known for this. I loved this quality because you can never hold a newborn too often, but now he sometimes is just a bit too clinging. He it best known for wanting you to pick him up and then 2 seconds later wants back down. It's like he thinks its a game.  The only time he isn't like this is when his cousin Tanner, Auntie Teri, or Grandma arearound. Other then that he loves me to hold him. But I guess I can't complain and enjoy it while it lasts. 

4. He loves Barney. I don't know what it is about this dinosaur that makes kids just love him, but Brevin does. We have a couple of different DVD's of him that we switch off. I only allow him to watch it once a day while I'm getting ready because I hate it when kids are couch potatoes, especially at such a young age. But anytime he hears that music he sits up and just smiles, like nothing is better then this. I will admit sometimes it's nice that he watches it. I end up getting a lot done in the time its on. I think he would seriously watch it over and over with real intent each time and never get bored. I've tried a few other movies. One that sort of caught his interest was Dalmations. Another movie is Cars and that's only if his cousin Carson is there to watch it with him. 

5. Last but also my favorite, I cherish the attention and love he gives to me. Not that he doesn't love Souli, but the second he comes home he is all Brevin wants. But for certain things like bedtime, he wants just me. He cuddles up with his bottle ( which is a habit we are trying to break) and blanket and falls asleep. Really the only other two people who can get him to sleep at night are Teri and my mom. But even still he usually just wants me. Another thing is him eating. Someone can try to give him the same thing I'm giving him and he will only take it from me. For instance the other night we were with Tammy, Jill and the kids at Steve's talent show night for his ward, and there were cookies. Jill tried to give him some to eat and nothing. Then I did and  he gobbled it up. This too on occasion gets annoying when I need help but it also shows that I'm who he relies on and that's the way it should be.

Well I could have gone on and on about my dear little angel. There are so many things about him I would like to share. But I guess this tag calls for just five. He truly is the most special thing to me. I love to watch him grow, learn new things, and just being able to enjoy him is the best thing a mother could ask for. I'm so lucky to have this little angel in my life.



6 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute Brev, I loved everything you wrote about him. He definitely loves being held I don't know how you get much of anything done when he is around. He is so darn lovable, that is such a cute picture of him. I think it's funny that he loves Barney , Lance didn't start liking movies until he was 2 or so. I hope this comment works. My computer is being really weird, your kiddo tag only shows up half the time I pull it up. I am not sure what's going on with it.

Thiago & Teri said...

Cute little Brev, I don't know though, lately he just likes me to hold him. Remember the other night. Just kidding. He is so funny about eating, but Carson was the exact same way which is probably why they are both so small.

Nick and Stacey said...

What a cute little boy! Its nice that he just likes to be held. I don't feel like I took enough advantage of that with Mitchell, and Faye deffinately doesn't like it! I loved all the cute things about him! I think that Barney is a bit annoying, but when your kids like things it makes them tolerable. I don't know what it is about that dinosaur either!

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

I am so glad you did this post. I think it is so cute, what a sweet little boy you have. My kids don't like to be held until they get older.

TW said...

I'm with you, you can never hold a baby or child too much. Keep it up, they get big way too fast.

Jill said...

That was so funny about the cookie, he really does love his Mom.