Monday, January 26, 2009

Fall down, get back up and try again.

You'll have to excuse my short pants I borrowed my mom's old ones, and she is rather short.




A couple Saturday's ago I had my first ever experience skiing. I always think its weird to say you live in Utah and don't ski. My mom skied a ton when she was younger, but just since she's been married to Dean she's gotten back into it. I always wanted to try it out, but never been brave enough. My moms always known this so the two of them decided to treat me with a day of skiing. They even arranged my babysitter for the day. The kids stayed with my sister Jenny, thanks again Jen. I would have to say after falling 50 dozen time, at the end of the day I finally started to get it. Well at least a little I guess. I definitely think people should start this as kids they totally have an advantage being so small. I would see these little 4 and 5 years old looking like pros while I'm falling on my butt. I've still got the bruises to prove it. I did have such a fun time, really I did. My mom kept saying, "Are you even having fun?" Well I did, spite my little emotional moments. Thanks again for taking me great experience, I definitely want to go back Now that I sort of have the basics I don't want to lose it. Mostly it was nice to spend the day with you guys. Deano thanks for being my shield.

8 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

ha-ha thats funny. Nice short pants, just kidding. I just had to point that out. You are nuts, I really have zero interest in that, but I am glad you had fun. Next time you go leave the kiddos with me.

Spooney G said...

nice pants! ha ha

Eric and Jenny said...

Ash I think you look real cute in your short pants, leave it to Teri and Souli to make fun of you. I think it's great you tried, I never would. Plus I loved watching your kids, they were angels and our sleepover was pretty great too!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad you were able to do this!! When I was younger ever winter my dad sent my brothers and I up to snow basin for ski school! I LOVED it!! But I haven't gone in years!!

Lovely Lizzy said...

That's awesome. It amazes me too. After I have a baby I just don't do anything for months. I'm in awe of you right now.
And for trying something new. That's just cool.

Melanie said...

Way to be brave and try something new...I know that's not easy to do!

TW said...

Love the pictures. I am very proud of you for trying something new. Next time invite me along.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I used to ski a lot when I was in high school and college. It's harder to go now with kids. I'm glad you tried something new.