Monday, October 20, 2008

Black Island Farm


On Saturday, we went to Black Island Park. For those of you who haven't been there its in Syracuse. So much fun. In my opinion it was suppose to be pretty pricey, but we had these coupons that said 2.00 off. Well the girl must have been a little confused Brevin and I got in for 1.00. We tried to tell her she was mistaken, but to her she was correct. So how do I feel guilty when we tried to be honest. Either way it was a great deal obviously. We had such a fun time the kids all loved it. Well at least till in got cold and the mosquito's came out. They just love Brevin he has two big welts on his face. Poor kid why can't they just leave him alone.
My little guy and his sweet eyes. I just thought this was a cute picture. He was fascinated by all the rock paths. Which was fine till he started chucking them at people. I don't get why he thinks everything he is can pick up, he can throw.
Here Brevin is keeping his distance from these little cows. Far away he thought they were the coolest thing. He would laugh in his cute way, so I thought okay get closer. Only closer he didn't think they were quite so funny. I'm sure any of you who know him well enough know the little laugh I'm referring too. He is quite the character. He loves all animals, just from a distance. I guess he gets that from both his parents.
The slide, this was the kids favorite part of the whole day. Here is Hallie trying desperately to hold on to Brevin. She is so funny all she wants to do is hold Brevin. He has to be in her sight at all times. She is a great babysitter. I always know Brev is safe when she's around, because she always lets me know.
My Jenny, she was quite the trooper. My cousin Jill and her had the job of taking the kids down the slide. I'm sure they will both be glad when these babies come out. So they don't have to do everything. They probably went down 20 times between all those kids. Going down wasn't the problem it was getting up. You had to climb up this web looking thing to get to where you go down. Poor girls I would have helped, but I'm sure you can all imagine me being 35 weeks pregnant climbing up a web. Quite the sight I'm afraid.
The two youngest waiting their turn to go down the slide. Jill and Jenny were busy taking the older boys. I would have to say they were pretty patient waiting their turn. In this picture they are both sitting on this huge haystack. I'm sure they thought this is much better then any slide.
We probably spent close to an hour on this little ride. It was a tracker with all these pigs and cows being pulled behind it. Brevin enjoyed this so much especially when he got to ride alone. He is still so little, but in my eyes so brave. He was so cute sitting in his cow or pig. The best part was my sister Jenny, Luke being the explorer he is tries to climb out. So she had to ride with him. All these kids and then my sister. It was quite funny seeing her get in and out.
I thought this was so nice of the people who put this on. You get to go on a hayride and each pick out a pumpkin. Pumpkins are kind of expensive so this was nice. Especially considering we got in the place for 1.00. Now I just need to get Souli and Elle one. This is Brevin scoping out which pumpkin he wants.
The guy who took us on the hayride had to come cut each pumpkin for us. Brevin decided he needed to sit on his pumpkin so no one would take it. Only little does he know that isn't the pumpkin he got, his is a little smaller.
This is the best. Teri and I got a ton of comments from people. All the same, but over and over. They kept saying, "Now you can't stick pumpkins under you shirts." I mean come on be a little more original. Aren't we cute only 1 month left we can't wait. I would have to admit I'm bigger then Teri is. Not fair.
This was such a fun way to spend a fall afternoon. Thanks Jen for the idea and to all of you who came with us. I love spending time with family. The kids really love being with their cousins.

9 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Thats right you are bigger, much bigger. Just kidding, I just like to bug ya...how are those chubby ankles treatin ya by the way. Ha-ha...sensitive subject. I love that picture of Brev and the sweet eyes, I am down here in my basement and I saw that and just started laughing. What a goof.

Eric and Jenny said...

Ash I think that would have been a real nice sight seeing you climb up the web! Brev is such a goose, how can such a fuss budget at times be such a huge charmer as well. I love that goofy laugh he gets, what a nut he looks so funny sitting on his pumpkin. Yeah I am sure it was funny seeing me climb out of that train, the cow especially I don't know how I fit into that thing. The whole ride I kept thinking how am I going to get out of this without looking like a complete idiot, should have choose a pig they were much bigger.

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOO Lucky all of your sisters are close! I always miss my sister so much!! I LOVE LOVE that first picture of Brevin! That smile is priceless! That looks like a really fun place! I want to go!!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute! Brevin is all boy huh. I love the picture of him in the rocks too.

Fordney said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! You look very cute pregnant.

TW said...

Gotta love all those cute kids. What a fun place for them to get out and just be kids!

Unknown said...

We also went with some coupons and had a fun time. Be careful today!!My baby countdown said 37 days when my water broke. Yours says 36 today so hopefully you'll be okay.

haley said...

It's been a while since I looked at your blog, you look so good, and that little guy of yours is too cute for words.

Jodi and Shawn Davis said...

You and your sister's are so cute. I was glad to see a picture of Jill in there I haven't seen her in such a long time, I forgot that you guys were related. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. I can't wait for Warner to be old enough to do stuff like that. Tell Jill I said "Hi".