Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Last night we decided to get together with my sister Teri and her family to eat dinner and carve pumpkins. Sometimes I think this Halloween activity is such a waste of time, but then when done they turn out so cute. The only part I really hate is the clean up afterward. Souli is not exactly careful when it comes to this kind of thing. Of course, he doesn't care he isn't the one cleaning up. Just kidding honey your pumpkins really turned out cute. I ended up doing Souli's large pumpkin while Souli carved mine and Brevins. Brevins' really turned out cute. I'm being sarcastic when I say that. It is so funny, kind of reminds me of Casper. He sure had fun doing it though. Brevin spent the night with a spatula on the floor picking up small toys. He did enjoy the finished products though. He was being such a nut as you can probably see from the following pictures. That kid certainly has a cheesey smile. It was so fun to get together with Teri and Thiago, Brevin always has such a fun time with Carson. I only wish Jenny didn't live in Logan so her and the kids could have joined in. Next year I would kind of like to dry the pumpkins seeds I'm not sure how. If any of you know let me know. I love pumpkin seeds. It seems like it would be so complicated. Even though they weren't dry that didn't stop Brevin from sticking a few in his mouth. I know nasty right. Kids they will eat anything. Overall it was such a fun night. I love the holidays so many fun traditions to do and I love them all.


Three weeks from today baby Lincoln will be here. I'm so excited.
This is what Brevin spent his time doing he wasn't interested in the whole carving thing.
Sometimes its hard to stick your hands in those gross pumpkins, but once you get started its not so bad. Mine didn't have to much stuff inside so it went pretty fast.

As you can see Elle has her own little pumpkin, Souli thought this was funny since she isn't even born yet. I thought she is still basically here we just don't know what she looks like.
Brevin guarding his funny looking pumpkin, look at its small nose. I guess it kind of fits Brev. He has a small nose and big eyes.
All of our pumpkins, the other little one is for baby Lincoln. Carson enjoyed the small ones he kept carrying them around saying, "This is for baby Lincoln."

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Ash this whole post makes me laugh, you got some great pictures. I just want to squeeze Brevy he is too cute in all of them, what a ham! I love the last one of him and Cars with all the pumpkins. I am so excited for more Halloween fun tommorow and of course Friday!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
Those pumpkins are really cute. I was feeling bad last night because it seems like we haven't done anything festive this season. Kory reminded me that it's hard because Maggie can't understand things like that yet. Perhaps next year we can do some fun things with her, like picking out pumpkins and stuff. I agree that sometimes carving pumpkins is more work than it's worth. Growing up we just painted them. LOL.

Anonymous said...

They turned out cute! Brevin looks darling in every picture! He is such a little ham! Our pumpkins started to go yucky on our porch so I bought some new ones tonight that I can carve with the kids on Halloween so they will be fresh!

Cami said...

those are so cute! I for one, do not enjoy this activity :) Good thing Dave does. Also, that shirt Brevin is wearing.. Landon had the same one.. so Cute!!!

Thiago & Teri said...

I'm sorry, your posts make me laugh. I don't know about that boy, he is the funniest little thing. He was so goofy last night, all those sweet eyes pictures are just hilarious. And his pumpkin cracks me up, it is so stupid looking. Oh funny, anyways that was a lot of fun. Thanks for letting us come over, thanks for being my little beautician while I was there too. You know I love ya-

Jodi and Shawn Davis said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait until Warner is old enough so that he will enjoy doing this kind of stuff. Hopefully Jamie will have a little one so that we can do it together! I didn't know that Jenny lives in Logan, I thought she was still out of state. That is awesome that she is closer to the family again! Ü

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. We need to get busy and carve ours.

Jill said...

I can not believe you carved pumpkins inside your house. We made a huge mess and we did it outside. You are nice to let everyone come over.

TW said...

That sure is a bunch of cute pumpkins. Glad you all had fun. Happy Halloween!!!

The Carnahan's said...

I love all of your pictures, especially the last one with Brevin and Carson and all of those pumpkins-what a fun get together!