Monday, October 27, 2008

Brevin's Big Boy Room

Well, I'm finally getting Brevin's new room posted. I'm very proud of how it turned out. Sometimes it can be scarry changing a room around. I didn't think I would have enough stuff to fill the room, but it turned out darling. I love to walk past his little room the colors red, yellow, and blue are just happy. As you can sort of see it is a soccer room, shocker considering the daddy he has. I'm sure its no surprise to any of you. There is still two things I need to hang above his little writing desk. I've been making a crosstitch since before he was born. I can't seem to get it done and then above that I have a little sign that has his name written across it. Those last touches will make it complete. That is if I can ever get the crosstitch done. For any of you who crosstitch, probably not many. It is so time consuming. No one knows till they've started a project. I love doing it I just don't have as much time with little ones. I just wanted you to be able to see the finish product. Its so fun to have a boys room and then next to that a girls. Hers I will post in a few days. I love them both so much. So different, but equally cute.
Those little toys with the balls are Brevin's favorite. We had to move them to his room he keeps getting them lost under the couches.
I also finally finished he soccer blanket that is at the edge of his bed. This too I started before he was born.

Brevin loves his coloring desk, he constantly sits here with his twistable crayons drawing pictures. Only a few times has he colored on the wall I'm just glad it came out. If you ever have problems like that use Mr. Clean Magic Erase. They are amazing.
This was my only project I got done before Brevin was born. Barcelona is one of Souli's favorite soccer teams. His other favorite is Mancester United. Brevin has soccer balls of both. I don't remember where Souli got this flag looking thing, but I made it into a quilt. I think it turned out pretty cute. When we found out Brevin was a boy, Souli kept saying we are putting this in his room. I kept saying no, but thanks to my moms creativity we came up with this idea. I love it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute. I love all of the bright colors. I can't wait to see Elle's room.

Melanie said...

What a fun little boy's room. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Great job, his room is adorable!

Cami said...

Very cute! I'm also excited to see Elle's room. It's funny how opinionated guys can be about their boys' rooms huh?

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley, SOOO cute! Can't wait to see Elle's room!

Nick and Stacey said...

So Cute! It will be so much fun to have a boy and girl room! I can see why he loves that room so much! I can't wait to see the crosstitch, you always do such a beautiful job.

Jill said...

It is crazy that he is old enough to be in a bed. You did a great job with his room, I like it.

Eric and Jenny said...

I never realized you made that flag into a quilt, I thought that was how you got it. It does look great, you should be happy with both his and Elle's room, great job!

The Mashy Family said...

Cute room! I can't wait to see the Girls room!

TW said...

Cute room for an extra cute boy!!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Hey Ashley,
I tried to call you today but it just went to Souli's voice mail. Anyway, I was wondering if you would still be willing to cut Maggie's hair for me. If not, that's totally fine. Just let me know, ok? You can just email me if you want to and let me know what time and day would be best for you. Thanks Ashley.

Carleehoopes@gmail.com