Friday, November 7, 2008

Fit for a Princess


On a happier note then my last post, I thought I would share with you this delicate little room. Its so weird how with girls you are so much more particular about stuff. Maybe its because of the light colors or something. There is just something so peaceful about these baby colors. I would have to say it turned out exactly how I wanted. For the longest time I was deciding between two different beddings, I'm so glad I picked the one I did. Don't get me wrong I love Brevin's room, but I think being a girl I get more of a kick out of her room. Its fun to see how different they are, in every aspect. I'm so weird I will let pretty much anyone go in Brevin's room, meaning kids, but hers I'm much more protective. I'm sure that will where off over time. Everything is just so new and pretty. I'm so excited to start actually using the room. I clean it each week even though I'm sure its not really dirty I just like it to stay nice. Brevin loves to walk in there he plays with her little doll.




These letters spelling her name took us forever to pick a color. My mom and I went from white, to purple, to pink, and finally to green. My aunt Tammy came over one day to help me hang everything. She suggested the same green as the flower beside it. I had no idea you could go to a paint store and match any color you want.


This dresser and the desk below were in my bedroom growing up, I'm so glad they worked out. I didn't want to buy all new furniture. They matched perfectly with her crib which was first my cousins little boys, then Brevin's, now baby Elle's. It is still in such good shape.








I don't know if any of you had an American Girl doll growing up. My sisters and I each had one. I'm sure she will love her when she gets bigger, I've kept all the clothes so she can play dressup. Brevin on the other hand has a fun time messing up her hair, getting it tangled. Pretty much destroying her. He doesn't mean to be destructive, just the difference between boys and girls.


This little doll has been my pride and joy since I was eight. My Granny O gave her to me when I was babtized, she at one time had my blessing dress on her. Only those kind of start to look old. I will change her into Elle's blessing dress after she is blessed. For right now I thought this dress was cute. I always said when I had a girl my blessing baby would be her's. Thanks Granny I've always loved her.

I know this picture is weird, I just had to let you all know what a good deal I got. This diaper bag was regularly 50.00 I got it for 13.00. I couldn't pass it up. The colors go perfect in her room. Well, that's that now we are just ready for our sweet little angel. Two weeks from tonight I will be holding both my babies in my arms. There is nothing better in life then being a mom.

15 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

You know I love that room, I seriously have never seen anything quite like it. So cute!! Boys rooms are cute but they just don't compare to a little girls. Turned out perfect!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Holy Cow Ashley, you make Maggie's room look so plain! :) The room looks great! I love green. I have to tell you though, toddler girls are very destructive as well. I'm sure when she's a bit older she'll enjoy playing with the doll, but when she's Maggie's age she'll probably still pull on her hair and throw her. :) Is that Molly or Samantha? I had Samantha growing up.

Eric and Jenny said...

It is definitely fit for a princess, I love going in there as well it does has such a peaceful feel to it. You and your consultants (mom and Tam) did a great job on it. I can't wait to see little Elle in all of her surroundings!

Anonymous said...

Wow her room is amazing! I love it!! I'm so excited for you! Girls are sooo fun! Don't get me wrong I love my Garrett, but it's so much more fun to buy Kenzie clothes, bows, bracelets.. all those girly things! I just love it all!! You did a wonderful job on her room!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Kenzie now has all my old dolls from growing up! I LOVED being able to pass those on to her! I am so glad I kept them, and I bet you are too!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! You did a great job. That is fun that you have added things from when you were a little girl. I love it!

Lovely Lizzy said...

Wow, you are super on top of it. I never had a either of my kids room ready before they came.
It's awesome that you have it all ready though because afterwords is much harder.

Melissa said...

Darling room!! I loved making Brinley's room. It was fun to paint and make it perfect. Now it is waiting time. It will come sooner than you know! Good luck! Can't wait to see her

TW said...

So sorry to hear about you not feeling too hot. Won't she be worth it though? Love, love, love the room. Nothing quite like a little girl.

Fordney said...

WHOA!! What a room. She is going to be smothered in LOVE. It is a beautiful room. Can't wait to meet little Elle.

Nick and Stacey said...

Such a cute room! I love it! I too have Fayes Name in that color too! I think its a great color because it isn't too baby, and they could still use it as they get older! I think her room looks wonderful! Good Job!

The Mashy Family said...

Oh stop it Ashley! That is so cute! I absolutely love it. I think I am just going to paint my other room pink in hopes for a girl and just pray that the vibe of the pink will do something! I saw that dresser and remembered it from your room!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
Thanks again for cutting Maggie's hair (and for the fruit snacks)! It looks so much better!!! I'm feeling bad though, I don't think $5 was enough. PLEASE let me know how much more I owe you. Seriously, I feel bad about it. Also, I had a good time talking with you. Maybe when Elle comes I can leave Maggie with Kory and just come hold her and talk to you. :) Sometimes it's so nice to get out of the house and have adult conversation! Elle's gonna be so cute. I can't wait to see her.

Jodi and Shawn Davis said...

Her room looks so cute, I love all the pink. I was the same way with Warner's room cleaning it all the time. I still am that same way even though he doesn't do anything in there but sleep! I love to just be in there. I can't wait to see Elle, she is going to be so cute! Ü Good luck

The Carnahan's said...

What a cute room! Elle is going to love it, it's perfect!!! I can't believe you only have 2 weeks left, I'm so excited to see pictures of her, she's going to be so cute!