Thursday, November 6, 2008
This Baby Needs to Come Out
Well, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and everything is on schedule for the 21st, I will have a C-section again. Its so nice to just have an end in sight. I need to vent here for a minute so just bare with me. I'm so uncomfortable, every night I pretty much cry myself to sleep with pain. Souli tries to be comforting, but men just don't understand. Last night I told him I was getting nervous for the whole thing. So he says why does it hurt that much. Well, yes it does did it hurt when you had your knee operated on. Just kidding honey, but I swear they just don't quite understand the whole having babies thing. Which why would they? With Brevin I don't remember ever being this miserable. I know they say things get worse with each one. If its this bad now I can't imagine what my fourth will feel like. Maybe I should rethink. No I still want four no matter the pain. They sure are worth it. The last time I went to my doctor appointment she said I won't make it to the 21st, she put me on the monitor to check her heart rate with my contractions. I have contractions pretty much every half hour. She did fine, but I thought she would put me on the monitor again this last time. Only she didn't, all she said was she looks good we are on schedule for the 21st. Its not that I really want to go earlier then that its just one time she acts like no way can I possibly go that long, and the next I'm right on track. Which is good I guess. Also I don't know why I'm bugged with how much she weighs. Brevin was not even 6lbs, and she says she is already 7lbs 4 oz. I know thats good I just don't get why its so different. Sometimes I think she should have tested me again for diabetes. I know she knows whats best and she never seems concerned, but I'm just getting so tired of barely being able to walk, I hurt so bad. I know I should just be patient and enjoy this time. Things will be alot more hectic and overwhelming in a few weeks. I'm sure all of you who have had kids can relate to the feelings I'm having. I probably sound so ungrateful, and I'm sorry for that. I'm so excited I just find myself getting really emotional and angry with those that I love the most. Pretty soon I will hold her in my arms and miss the little kicks inside me, but still I'm pretty ready to not be so miserable. I just need to be patient. I'm sorry for this post I know its not interesting, but sometimes I just use this as a journal. So I don't blame you if you didn't read the whole thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ashley,
This is your blog. You can say whatever you want to say on it, interesting or not. Actually, I did find this interesting. It brought back a lot of the emotions I had right before I delivered that I've since forgot about...maybe I'll wait a little longer for the next one. ;) jk. I just remember how uncomfortable I was that last month or so. It's just not fun at all. And you're right, guys just don't understand. It can be frustrating. She will be here soon though...there is an end in sight finally! :)
I tried to call you yesterday but just left a message. I'm hoping I didn't call the wrong number. lol. I'll try again today.
I remember feeling the same way during the last little bit with all of my kids. It is really hard to get comfortable and to sleep well. Hang in there. That is exciting that there is only 2 more weeks. At least you have a date that you know she will be here. My last 2 were scheduled C-Sections (1st was emergency C-Section). Let me know if you need help with Brevin when you are recovering. I know it can be hard.
You are right, men don't understand. They get used to hearing the complains, and think you should get used to the pains. WRONG. When guys are sick or in pain, it's the end of the world. And forget recovery! You should be bouncing off the walls the next day, right?! I vented A LOT on my blog right before Dawson was born. If people want to be critical of it, let them! :) I can't believe they are estimating her to be over 7 lb. You are too tiny to be carrying such a big baby! I feel your pain, seriously. I had a 9 pounder pinching every nerve in my body. You go ahead and vent. We will read on!
Good luck with everything! I also would like to help with Brevin. Landon would love it!
Just about there girlie. Seriously I can honestly say I FEEL your pain. Well, sometimes you seem to be a little worse off where she is so low. But we are almost there. Hang in there, love Souli's comment. "Does it really hurt that bad", if Thiago said that to me I would have slapped him. Boys they just don't understand, everytime I get up in the morning and can't walk...Thiago just looks at me like I am faking it. Honestly!!
Ashley your so lucky you only have two weeks left! I can remember before I delivered Charli crying in the rocking chair every day wanting her out. Everyone around me that had due dates the same as mine or even after had already delivered their babies. That was so hard for me. I'm starting to get uncomfortable too. I will feel your pain literally very shortly and I'm not looking forward to it.
Oh Ash I do feel so sad for you but I am afraid I don't quite understand what you are going through either, my boys just never made it to the last month, so I can't imagine the last few weeks being pregnant. And I agree it's your blog and you can say what you want especially to all your friends and family that love you and (are girl) we understand men are big babies and think we are faking it all the time. Hang in there it may be going slow for you and Ter but for me I can't quite believe come two weeks from now two little babies will be here for me to snuggle. I LOVE YOU!
Ashley I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I really lucked out with Kenzie near the end I kind of stopped getting bigger and they ended up taking her 3 weeks early because of a few problems I was having. Hang in there, she will be here soon.
Also, I'm sure you've already done this but if not.. Maybe you should have souli give you a blessing that some of the pain can be eased and to help you sleep better? It might help! Good luck!!
Ditto to what you and everyone said. I'm only a few months off of the whole thing, and Aaliyah was the same way. I was on bedrest for the last month, and I cried and cried. And things were a lot worse with her.
I think it's so funny too how guys just don't understand. I was induced with Aaliyah because she refused to come out, and Neil watched the contration machine like it was some sort of sport and he'd cheer and laugh at everyone that went over 100.
I hope she comes soon for your sake. I don't know much about c-sections. Is it okay for you to go into labor?
You are so funny! I know what you mean though! Mitchell was a breeze, but Faye i was downright miserable! But like you said so worth it! Sorry you are so uncomfortable, I hope it gets at least bearable!
Ashley, I am so excited that I found your blogged linked to my aunts! I have been thinking about you a ton the last few days, and wondering if you had your beautiful baby yet. I know you feel kind of alone, but believe me, I know how you feel. My pregnancy was what most people would consider a nightmare, and some people might even ask why bother? But, you're right, none of it matters when they get here. You can do it! Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with!
Post a Comment