Friday, November 14, 2008

Girls Soccer Banquet

As many of you know my husband has a love of soccer, which is why he coaches as much as he can. This past Wednesday we attended the high school girls soccer banquet. I always thoroughly enjoy these. For the past two years they have arranged for them to be at the White House reception center, in Bountiful. I don't know if its just the food, or that I'm so proud of Souli. I just always have a good time. I love to listen to Souli, each year he gives out these funny awards. With each one he tells a story from throughout the season. Some are hilarious, and I'm sure a few the girls wish he wouldn't bring up. He means well I'm sure they all know that goofy fun side of him. Souli is such a good coach sometimes I think he can be a little harsh to the girls and boys. Only many parents have informed me that he is the best. I'm so thankful and admire Souli so much for the hard work and dedication he puts in to help these girls. I also wanted to thank you all for the baby gift. You are so thoughtful. Please come see me in the hospital I need the company. Ask Souli I get a bit sad and lonely without visitors. Good job this season girls 16-2 I'd say that's pretty good. I hope that is the correct number. You all did a great job. Good luck to you seniors in all you do. Also thank you so much for making our little Brevin your mascot. He sure loves his soccer, wonder where he gets that from. These are just a few pictures from the night. Thanks also to all the parents who help Souli in any way they can I know he appreciates it.











8 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, how stinkin cute is Brevin in those pictures. What a cute little outfit, looks familiar. Just kidding. Souli does do a great job, you have every reason to be proud of him and all he does.

Hey by the way, I saw you left me a comment. But go look at my post again, I redid it cause the pictures were just to blurry. My camera was on a weird setting, so I took the pics again and reloaded them. Anyways, now it looks better. Love you-

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
Those pictures of Brevin and Souli are really cute. That's so funny that Brevin was their mascot. So cute! I always looked forward to our soccer banquets as well. They were just so fun and a good way to end the season. Does Souli still play soccer at all anymore? Are you serious about liking visitors at the hospital? If so, I'll come visit!!!!! I'd love to come see you and Elle!

Jill said...

It is nice to have special husbands isn't it? I think it is also fun to attend all the Coaches things. Brevin looks so cute in all those pictures.

Eric and Jenny said...

Brev really does look like the little mascot in all of those pictures, he is such a goof for the camera, so cute! I remember that time I came to one of their games, I thought he was a little harsh myself, it was kinda funny! I know nothing of sports, but I would imagine that you need to be a little harsh in order to be a good coach, but it was kinda funny to watch him get so worked up. Great job Souli, I admire how hard you work and how you genuinely love what you do!

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! It's always fun when you can show off your hubby!

Nick and Stacey said...

How fun to have Brevin get to go to all of the things, and how much he loves soccer like his dad! He is so stinkin cute! It was fun to see you guys yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Only two more days! Good Luck! and please let me know if you need anything!!

TW said...

What a little ladies man. He is absolutely darling in those pictures. Did the soccer team have a good year? I'm sure with Souli coaching they did just fine.