Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

Now that I have a little one to dress up, Halloween is sure becoming one of my favorites. Well, actually the night didn't start off very well. If any of you read my post when Brev got his picture taken for Halloween. You will know that Brevin didn't like his Elmo costume. I was so nervous about Halloween. Well, it started off the same way. He just cried. We started the night off at my dad's house. For the first little while we tried giving him candy to make him happy, distractions nothing worked. Until my dads neighbors came over. They have 3 little dogs that were all dressed up. They were darling, they changed Brevin's whole attitude. Thanks again to those cute girls for bringing them over. Saved the day. Brevin could not get enough of them, he forgot about his Elmo and had some fun for himself. It was so cute he loves dogs, but only from a distance. When they get to close he gets a little scared. We were going to take his costume on and off with each visit, but we decided while we have something good going lets not ruin it. He kept Elmo on till we reached my moms at the end of the night. She took it off as soon as we got there. So I didn't get any pictures of them. My mom dressed up as Dorothy she was so dang cute. What a good sport. As I've mentioned before I hate dressing up. In between my dad's and mom's we went to Souli's brothers house. Brevin had such a fun time trick or treating. He would let go of Souli's hand, stand right in the middle of the doorway waiting for his treat. It was so cute he is getting so big. I can't believe he is almost two. Its funny how things change as you get older. As a kid you spend your Halloween at stupid high school parties, but as you get kids it completely changes. I would have to say I like the things I do now better. Brevin is so fun to watch and to share things with. He has such a darling personality.
This was Brevin's face before the puppies came. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

And this was his expression all night after the puppies. They really made his night.
Trick or treating with daddy. I love seeing them together. Souli is always so busy with work that sometimes I feel guilty they don't get as much time together. So I love these moments.
Brev was fascinated with the pumpkins all lit up. We carved ours but never got the chance to light them. He would just stare, until he got a little to close. Then I had to drag him away.
Cute family picture, pretty soon we will add the fourth. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I will post an update to let you know how things are going. As of right now only 2 1/2 more weeks. Yeah, I'm so beyond uncomfortable. I swear most nights I cry myself to sleep. She is so low it just hurt so bad, and my feet are so fat. When I get up in the morning it feels like I'm stepping on nails. I don't remember feeling like this with Brevin. She just needs to come out. I still have a few things on my to do list before she comes. So I need at least another week or so.

12 comments:

Kattie said...

your little boy is one of the cutest I have ever seen, I love that little smile while his head is up, priceless. I am excited to see pics of the new baby, good luck:)

Anonymous said...

I love how Brevin's expression changed in the pictures. He is so dang cute! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. Hang in there.

TW said...

What a cute little Elmo. Love the picture of him trick or treating with his Daddy. Glad you all had a good one.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
I'm glad the puppies helped him forget about his costume because it's so cute on him! :) And, you look great for being so close to delivering. Being so uncomfortable those last few weeks sucks though. Let me know if you need anything, ok? And good luck at your appt. Let us know all the details. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween! Brevin looked ADORABLE! I'm glad it got better for you! Kenzie LOVED it this year! she loved saying "tic a teet" to everyone! I love love love this age!

Thiago & Teri said...

My cute little Elmo, I love that expression at dads house before the puppies. Absolutely pathetic! He is so funny. Can't wait for your appointment today, and to see if anything changes. Hang in there, you poor girl. That little Elle is making life pretty miserable for you right now.

Cami said...

I'm glad the puppies came to the rescue! And I am soo sorry about being so uncomfortable, you still look really good! I feel bad for your ankles though.. I saw those on Sunday.. OUCH!

Unknown said...

Brevin looked so cute. Isn't funny how quick they can change their attitudes??? I feel your (foot) pain. I get the same way at the end. Good luck!

Eric and Jenny said...

Brev he is so funny, just like a little Lance always hating his costumes. I am glad he finally decided it was okay, what a good liking those dogs, that's so funny. Good luck at your appointment call me when you get home!

Eric and Jenny said...

I meant what a goof liking those dogs, good makes no sense.

Melanie and Spencer said...

Brevin is a cutie, I'm glad that he was able to enjoy Halloween, he has the cutest smile

Smolkaville said...

Brevin is too adorable! I agree that holidays are a lot more fun with little ones around. :)