Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome, My Baby Girl



The day finally came for my baby girl to be born. What a special day. I always wondered how I could possibly love anyone as much as my little Brev, but the second she was born I loved her more then anything. Before that actually. This time was so different then when Brevin was born, with him I was so scared to come home and face all the changes a baby would bring. With Elle I was so excited to get home and adjust to all the changes. It has been so fun. So far a few hard nights adjusting to zero sleep, but I know it will get easier. She is so beautiful I'm a little bias being her mother, but I think she is the most gorgeous baby. Our little baby was born on November 21st at 7:50 in the morning. Quite the morning, and night I guess I should say. The night before we went to Twilight. Brevin slept at my cousins since we had to be at the hospital at the crack of dawn. We decided to make a night of it. I got to the hospital at about 5:30, started to be prepped for surgery at like 7:00. My surgeon got there at 7:30 and out she comes at 7:50. It was so nice to get there and be done in two hours. It was the rest of the day that was not so good. I always get really sick after, and a little out of it. I don't really remember much of that day.

She weighed 6lbs 7oz, not 8lbs 2oz. Again the doctors were wrong just like with Brevin. She is so small. You forget that all babies are this small. When I came home Brevin seemed so big. I thought he was still so tiny.

She was so calm at first. I kept thinking please cry baby girl. Its so weird to think at that moment, you were just inside me kicking. Birth is the most amazing thing in the whole world. This time Souli even watched a bit, He watched them pulling his little girl out of me. He now says,"Honey, I saw inside of you. That was weird."

Once she started crying she didn't stop until she was in her daddy's arms. There is something so special about seeing your husband with his child for the first time. I always get a little sad that my mom can't be in the room with me for a C-section, but it really is a special moment for just me and Souli. I love him so much its amazing to think we made this little girl together.

Our first official photo. She couldn't even open her eyes for awhile they were so swollen. Finally they are going down. With Brevin I got to hold him while going back to my room. She got rushed to the nursery to be put under a warm light. I guess her body temperature was low. Brevin had the same thing I thought is was sort of weird that they took her away.

Proud daddy. She looks just like him. Whenever he is holding her I think if she's not his girl. I love it though she is a lucky girl to look like her daddy.

Oh, the big brother. Brevin loved her right from the being. Everyone thought he would be a little jealous. Not at all quite the opposite he just wants to love her, hold her, give kisses. He is a sweet big brother. I'm so grateful that he is being so good to her. I love watching them together.

Everyday they change so much this hardly looks like her now. They grow up to fast, I wish she could stay this tiny for longer.

Elle had so many visitors which I love. These two are Brevin's favorites. They are sisters and are on Souli's soccer team. We had a few others also from the team. I thought is was so nice of them to come visit, and bring Elle that pink soccer ball Brevin is holding. I'm sure he will be taking over that real soon.



Proud Papa. Little Elle is the first granddaughter on my side. So my dad is pretty excited. He couldn't wait to see her, in this picture she is only about 2 hours old. I loved that he came to the hospital and stayed for as long as he did.


Precious girl sleeping on her daddy.

I had to stay in the hospital three nights due to the C-section. We decided to have Brevin stay with us the third night.The other nights he spent having quality time with his grandma, my mom. He did have fun missed us, but enjoyed spending time with his grandma. Thanks mom for your help I felt so at ease having him with you. He was going to stay at Souli's moms the last night, but looked so sad as Souli was leaving. So we had a family sleepover at the hospital. We just missed him so much. I've never been away from him for that long. He did great besides falling out of the bed, only once though.

Finally time to go home I was so anxious I'm sure the nurses just hated me I kept asking how much longer. Sometimes I don't understand the hold up. Its like you are all just sitting around hurry up so I can go home.

I do love my two kids, it is so weird to say I have two kids. On the way home from the hospital I looked in the backseat of my car and saw their two car seats it made me so happy. You always wonder when you are little what your family will be like. Now I have ours, and we aren't done yet. These two faces bring me more joy then anything in the world. They truly are the greatest blessings I've ever received and I love them with all of my heart. I would have been just as happy if Elle was a boy, but a boy and a girl really does have its perks. I love that its like mommy's boy and daddy's girl. They are so special to me I hope I can always be a good mommy to them. I know sometimes I get impatient or overwhelmed, but each time I learn something new. They truly are the most beautiful kids in the world. Well, in Souli and my eyes. They are our angels from heaven and always will be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo BEAUTIFUL!! Wow Ashley, look at all that hair! You have cute babies for sure!
I also worried before I had Kenzie if I could love another child as much as I loved Garrett.. but right away I loved her so much!!
Good Luck with sleeping.. Kenzie slept in my arms for a week! CRAZY! Please let me know if you need any help! I'd be happy to take Brevin ANY time!!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh make me cry...that was just darling. Ash, you are such a good mom. No one will ever argue with that, I don't think two kids could be more loved than your two. You would do anything for them, and even though I am older than you, I look up to you in so many ways. You have so many qualities like patience, unconditional love, you are so giving...I wish I were more like you. Welcome baby Elle, how lucky you are to come to this family you have been given. Love you baby girl!

Kattie said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and she is soooo beautiful, I'am so sorry you have to do the whole c- section thing but I guess you do whatever it takes to get those sweet little angels in your arms, good luck with the sleep:) Cant wait to see more pictures, they really do look like different people everyday:)

Cami said...

She is beautiful, I cant wait to meet her.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh Ash what a beautiful post, you made me cry. How sweet you all had a little sleepover Sunday night I didn't know about that. I love you so much you are one of the kindest, gentlest, sweetest people I know and those qualities are only inhanced in you as a mother. You are an angel and so are my precious Brev and Elle, what a sweet family, I love you!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
She's seriously beautiful. I'm finally better, so hopefully this week I can come see her finally!
I'll call you to let you know, ok?

Fordney said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. So fun. Try to enjoy it as much as you can.

Casey's Sister said...

o my gosh she is so cute. i wish i was there. she is beautiful. o and this is emily your cousin!

Candace said...

Hey Ashley!
I just wanted to tell you congrats on the new little one! She is a doll! (I know I'm weird but I peek at your blog from Teri's every now and then.) Our's is set to private but if you ever want to peek in on us just send me an email and I'll send you an ivite Ckusuda@gmail.com

Congrats again!