Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Independence Day

It was a great 4th as usual. This is always one of my favorites, its one that usual never changes. Except this year it was a bit different. The morning was all the same. We always go to Willard where my mom grew up. We've been attending that celebration for as long as I can remember. Its so fun. I love that there isn't that many people. Not quite so crowded you can enjoy yourself more. This is a picture of my cousins kids taking Brevin to all the excitement. We started the morning with breakfast. It was surprisingly really good, Brevin my little piggy ate everything.

We usually miss half of the parade but this year we watched, well most of it. It was so funny they stopped in the middle so we all though its over that was short. We packed up all our stuff and headed to our usual spot, shortly after we hear the parade going again. So we still missed half. Even though we were there. Too bad, this picture is Brev with my mom getting all his candy. Anything sweet or sour is good for him. Just like his mommy.

I love taking pictures with my boy he just sees a camera and smiles. I love it because they almost always turn out. I just thought this one was darling. I love the 4th colors red, white, and blue. Perfect for summer.



This is an activity that once Brevin saw he couldn't get enough. Its like those big blow up things you can jump on. It cost 1.00 for like seriously 1 minute of jumping time. So obviously he didn't do this many times. He sure loved it though. His daddy wasn't there, he always goes golfing. So it was a good thing his favorite uncle Theo was there to take him on these things. Thanks Thiago for always giving him so much attention. He sure loves you.


This tradition I used to hate but always won. Every year they have races according to your age. One year my cousin and I ran and totally fell while running. So embarrassing. We were a bit older then. Brevin did race, but he started crying half way through and just walked the rest of the way with little tears in his eyes. I felt so bad I went and got him. So no picture of him but he tried thats all that matters. When I was little if you didn't run you got zero spending money for the day. Mom I will not continue that. The biggest surprise was my mom and aunt Tammy ran. Tammy won. Good job ladies that took some guts.


These are all our winners I swear in every age group we have a kid they would win. This was only a handful of winners.


Brevin likes rides, this little airplane was also his joy. If you read my Lagoon post he didn't have such a great experience, but I thought try again. What do you know he was fine as you can tell by the picture so happy to be riding.


That night was the change in our day we went to the Stadium of Fire instead of the Layton fireworks with my sister. Souli got tickets through a lady he works with. It was a blast. we got there a bit early so we had to wait just on the lawn out front. I don't know why I put this picture in I just thought it was a cute expression on his face.


Anticipating the chance to go see Miley Cyrus. I'm sure some of you know Souli likes Hannah Montana I know really weird. Now Brevin is following in his weird footsteps. I have two funny boys.


Brevins favorite part of the night was the parachute guys. There was like 6 of them he loved to watch them fall out of the sky. He just kept waiting for more and more. When they were all gone he would just look up in the sky like anymore. Nope baby boy sorry thats all.


Brevin had so much fun he ate his pizza all gone. I can't get over his eating since he's been off his bottle. He can't get enough. While she was singing he would stand on the stairs where we were sitting and just dance. All the people kept saying what a cute little guy. He was so happy till the fireworks they were a bit to close for his liking so we left early. We beat the traffic so that was nice. It was such a fun day. I love the usual things we do on the 4th but this was a nice change. One year we need to go with the rest of the family. Hint Hint. It was a blast.

6 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

This was really cute you had a lot of cute little stories about your day. I agree we should all go to stadium of fire that year we went to Martina was so much fun. I was hesitant about it because I wasn't sure how kids would do. It sounds like Brev did great though. I LOVE the pictures of Brev and Souli they are both so cute. The one where they are smiling and watching the parachooters. They both have such cute expressions on their face.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday. Brevin is just so dang cute....and he didn't push Maggie down on Sunday. I'm pretty sure she just fell. :)

Anyway, I love the name Elle. That is such a cute name! I often wish I didn't have a 1-syllable last name so I could just use a 1-syllable first name. I think they are so cute! (I guess I probably could use one, but I don't like how they sound with my last name...) :) Anyway, I love the name and she's sure to be adorable!

Nick and Stacey said...

what a fun day! That is funny Souli likes hannah montana! I love all the pictures! I wish I could have seen him dance I love it when little kids dance its the cutest!

TW said...

Really cute pictures. That boy is sure all smiles, all the time. Glad he had a fun day.

Jamie Jo said...

Ashley- how fun that you found me! I love it:) I'll have to add you to my blog as well... Your boy is seriously darling! and congratulation- 2 kids is crazy fun! good luck:)

Jill said...

I am glad you had fun at the stadium of fire. When I was little my family always used to go, I have very happy memories of going.