Thursday, July 17, 2008

Turning the Big 3-0


On Monday was Souli's 30th birthday. I know what you are thinking he doesn't look 30, he looks about 20. I guess for me being 23 we look about the same age. Teaching school people who don't know him still think he is a student. I always tease him that he is old. I can't believe I met him when he was 24, at the time that seemed so old. Now at 30 that is really old. Just kidding honey. It was such a great day, well actually just night. Monday and Tuesday Souli had to go to a teaching conference in Park City so most of the day Monday he was there being bored. What a fun thing to do for your birthday. The night was fun though. My mom, sister, her husband Thiago, and Carson came to Gabor Bros with us for dinner. It was good but so slow. I like that place but it takes forever, its so small and they don't get your food out too quickly. Afterwards we went back to our house the kids played in the dirt outside, well actually Carson did Brevin just ate it. I don't know what it is with him. He always eats it. I don't think it will hurt him too much, but so gross. I made Souli's favorite cake for him, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I usually hate box cakes but it tasted pretty good. It was so much fun. This year we arn't doing much for presents, because our little Elle is coming so with her brings alot of expensives. So no gifts for us, but Happy Birthday honey. I love you so much and hope you had a fun day with many more too come. You arn't getting old yet.


Nice face Carson, I guess he didn't realize I was taking a picture.

Brevin with his sweet grandma, don't you love the food in his mouth.


My boys and their sweet eyes, they matched I didn't plan that it just happened.



"Yum, dirt tastes good."


Happy Birthday daddy. I love you.

7 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

Happy B-day Souli!! I look like an idiot in that picture, oh well!! That was a fun little party, thanks for letting us tag along. I love Gabor bros, but you are right they are so SLOW! However, I think they are pretty reasonable as far as prices go. Anyways, cute pics and Souli definitely doesn't look or act like 30.

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy late birthday Souli! It's crazy because like you said he just doesn't look 30 but that does seem kind of old. I can't believe Eric will be 29, it's all downhill I guess, ha ha. Poor Souli having to go to a stupid conference on his birthday, no fun! Oh and that picture of Brev eating dirt is disgusting, what a cute little weirdo.

Nick and Stacey said...

Happy Birthday! What is it about guys any yellow cake with chocolate frosting? And what is Gabor Bros? I have never heard of that! Sorry he had to be in classes all day...that is no fun, but it looks like you guys deffinately made up for it! Also I have never seen a bad picture of Carson...so it is good to see he is normal haha! I love that Brevin eats dirt...so funny, Faye is getting to that stage, Ifigure it wont kill them!

Cami said...

What and where is Gabor bros? Happy birthday to Souli! Dave turned the big 30 this year also. :)

TW said...

Happy Birthday Souli. Glad you had a fun day.

Jilly said...

Hey! I haven't heard from you in forever! I can't believe how big your baby is getting! Souli doesn't look 30 at all! hope everything is going well

Melissa said...

happy birthday! you are now in my age bracket!! we don't look or feel that old right? I am glad you had a great day!