Tuesday, July 29, 2008

He's 18 months.



I can't believe my little bug is 18 months already. It seriously seems like yesterday he was born. So small and innocent. Isn't he just darling. This is such a fun age, he is learning so much. Sometimes I look at him and think I don't deserve such a perfect little boy. Sometimes I wish I could do somethings over. I always thought I would be the most patient mother, well I'm not. Right now I'm having a hard time getting the little wiggle worm to get to sleep. It seriously takes me like 45 min to an hour, and then he still wakes up right when I lay him down. Like tonight he was all but asleep so I laid him down. He woke right up and started crying. So I tried to just let him cry it out. That didn't work he just gets to worked up. I don't know what to do. I know its my fault I let him get to used to being rocked to sleep. When he gets like this I find myself getting angry and mad at him, but I know its not his fault. I just hope he can learn to comfort himself to get to sleep before this baby comes. I just wish all the times I get impatient or worked up, because I have something else I need or want to do. I wish I could just do over. He is such a good baby and I always want him to feel comfort with his mommy. Its just hard sometimes I know we all get impatient I just think I do more then others. I love him so much and want him to always be happy. It would just be alot easier if he could go to sleep on his own. I know I should have done things differently. With little Elle I will change my bedtime routine. There is just something about your first you just want to hold them. Anyways enough of that these are just a few of his pictures we got taken a week or so ago. They turned out so well. Any tips with the sleeping thing let me know I could use them.

11 comments:

Cami said...

The sleep thing is something we struggled with Landon as well. I was like you, and just wanted to cuddle and rock him all the time. But your right, it gets old! I bought a great book that I swear by. It involves letting them cry it out, but at a more gentle approach. Her idea in the book is to have a routine, stick with it EVERY night, and lay them down in their crib awake. Then check on them every 5-10 minutes and let them know you are not abandoning them, you only stay about 30 seconds each time though. Make sure they fall asleep when you are NOT in the room.

This was sooo hard for me, I made sure we could start it when Dave was going to be home every night at bedtime. He cried for about 45 minutes the first night, about an hour the second night, then about 5 minutes the third night.. and after that he was great! It was well worth it, even if you feel like a terrible parent for doing it. I would walk around outside while he was crying, and come in every 5 minutes, I hated it. Anyway, this is a novel, but if you want to borrow the book let me know.

Carlee Hoopes said...

HAHAHA...My comment was going to be "Talk to Cami. She went through this with Landon and has a really good book you should borrow." I guess she beat me to it. That's so hard. It's so hard to let them cry it out too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Cami's book is a wonderful idea! We did something similar when we were trying to get Garrett to go to sleep and sleep through the night! I always said I would be diffrent with my next baby! haha But we still put Kenzie to bed with a bottle! So that's something I really need to work on! So good luck with Brevin! They sure do grow up to fast! Those pictures are ADORABLE!

Thiago & Teri said...

I don't know what to tell you about that little stinker, good thing he is so dang cute. Can't ever get mad at that little face. Happy, happy B-day today my sis, I will see you later for all the B-day fun!

TW said...

Happy Birthday Ash!!! The pictures are darling of Brevin. I say love them when, where and all you can, they grow up way too fast. Have a very happy day. Love you!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I think I have to agree with everyone else. It is so hard to let them cry it out but once Luke came alond I just realized I could not possibly be rocking to babies to sleep. Lance cried for close to an hour the first night and I thought yeah right this is never going to work. Then the next night it was only a half an hour and by the fifth night he was totally fine. You just have to make up your mind and not go back on it, he will get the idea. On another note I love the pictures I have already told you that but I really think they are my all time favorites. I love you and happy birthday I will see you in a few hours!

Nick and Stacey said...

Wow isn't that crazy that he is 18 months. He is so darn cute! I love the pictures! Sorry about the sleeping thing...I think that is why we are sposed to have more that one kid...so we can learn different things about being mothers! You just learn...just like they are learning! I hope it gets better...good luck!

haley said...

I'd let him cry it out, but every child is different, and you'll learn that with your new addition. I'm sure by the time the baby comes he'll be ready. Just be persistent, and hang in there. good luck!

Anonymous said...

He is such a cute little guy. I love watching him in Primary. Good luck with the sleep thing. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a great mom!

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

Oh my he is so stinking cute. I can never get Kobe to look at the camera. You are very lucky. and Happy Belated Birthday!

Jilly said...

What a doll! He looks so cute, I can't believe how big he's getting! I was in nursery for like 2 years and I understand about wanting them to just sit still for like 5 seconds, it's like the toughest thing! But he is like cutest little boy, you guys must have a ball with him