Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

It is always so exciting to get started with all the fun holidays coming up. Christmas, New Years, and Thanksgiving isn't any exception. I love the holidays. My personal favorite is Christmas, but Souli's has always been Thanksgiving. We have made a deal to always eat dinner on Thanksgiving with his family and have Christmas Eve with mine. Which really works out well for me. This year for some reason I was overly excited for Thanksgiving, I'm not sure if it was because it was our first real outing since Elle was born. I get excited to get dressed up and its always nice to spend time with the people who are the most important to you. This year we ate at Souli's brothers house. The food was delicious, and Brevin had a fun time playing with his cousins. The poor kid has been stuck in our house all week he deserved some time with his best friends. Later that night we went to my mom's house for dessert I always save room for her yummy pies. I have a little of each kind. Thats the best part of Thanksgiving.

Brevin getting a huge kick out of making our baby girl cry. I thought this picture was funny both such extreme emotions.


Mommy's girl, I like to think she looks a little like me.

Daddy's boy, they are twins in every way.

Brevin by this point in taking pictures had had enough. So I only got Elle by herself. She is precious though. My little pumpkin just like her shirt says.
Words will never be able to express how grateful I am for these three. I am blessed with so many things, but I can't think of anything more wonderful then being a wife and mother to these three. I always know how blessed I am, but Thanksgiving really is a good reminder of all the things you are grateful for. I know sometimes things can get overwhelming, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having two kids they are so special. Also I'm so lucky to have such a kind, loving, and thoughtful husband. He has been great this past week. I love you so much and always will. I'm also so lucky to have such good parents, sisters, inlaws, and extended family. They all help me in so many ways. Remember how much I love you. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Brev why is it every picture I see him in makes me laugh, I just love that little smile. I am so sad I missed you guys on Thanksgiving what rotten luck to be leaving right as you guys were getting there. Oh well at least I got to see you all for a few minutes anyway. Hey did Ter talk to you about Friday shopping what time did you say Elle's appointment was at?

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Brevin holding Elle. That is so funny. She is such a pretty baby!

Kattie said...

I would love to tell you that she looks a little like you but.... I think her daddy's jeans took first place:) Besides i would kill for my babies to have tan skin, my poor baby got my pasty white skin that loves to sunburn:( She will always have the natural beautiful tan:)LUCKY GIRL

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashley,
She's just adorable. She looks so much like Souli right now, but they change so quickly, so I'm sure she'll end up looking a lot like you too! :)

Cami and I wanted to come visit you. She tried to call but didn't know if she called the right number. Will you be home tomorrow night? If so, what time would be best. You can just email me and let me know. Carleehoopes@gmail.com

Thiago & Teri said...

What a cute family!! The cutest. I didn't even notice the other night that you all matched. All the brown, how cute is that.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a Great Thanksgiving! Now you have two Beautiful kids! I love all of Elle's hair, she is just so cute!!

The Mashy Family said...

Sorry ashley but I think Elle looks like Souli! Maybe she will change and look more like you but my mom and I are voting Brevin has got more of your looks right now!! I know Souli is probably loving that but telling not to get to excited! She looks so dang cute! Did I mention how much I want pink!!!!!

TW said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. You and Elle look so cute together in your pictures. Love the brown.

Jodi and Shawn Davis said...

What a fun Thanksgiving, she is so beautiful! Isn't the first outing so nice. Anything to get out of the house. Ü

The Carnahan's said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving. I'd agree with you, Christmas is my favorite as well. I love Elle's hair, it's so cute!